The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 07:57am
RogerRef

Point after question

This is my first time to post here, but I have been reading this forum for a while. I think it is great that it is here and really appreciate everyone's input.

My question is on a point after, if a try (2 pt conversion) is good but the offense gets called for holding, do they back up 10 yards and try again, or is it just no good? I seem to remember both, but that may just be my old mind playing tricks on me.
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 08:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachwith??? View Post
This is my first time to post here, but I have been reading this forum for a while. I think it is great that it is here and really appreciate everyone's input.

My question is on a point after, if a try (2 pt conversion) is good but the offense gets called for holding, do they back up 10 yards and try again, or is it just no good? I seem to remember both, but that may just be my old mind playing tricks on me.
(NFHS) Back up and try again. Only loss of down fouls result in the try failing.
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 08:32am
Medium Kahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachwith??? View Post

Coach, the options are the same as usual: B may decline the penalty and take the result of the play (in this case, try good), or they can accept the penalty and replay the down (10 yards, ABO applies).
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
Coach, the options are the same as usual: B may decline the penalty and take the result of the play (in this case, try good), or they can accept the penalty and replay the down (10 yards, ABO applies).
This is a more complete version of what I was saying, which I assumed included the try being successful. If the try fails, B will take the result of the play and prepare tp receive the subsequent kickoff (if applicable).
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:37am
Medium Kahuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamp View Post
This is a more complete version of what I was saying, which I assumed included the try being successful. If the try fails, B will take the result of the play and prepare tp receive the subsequent kickoff (if applicable).
jchamp, I wasn't disagreeing with you or trying to correct your post. I just wanted to frame the answer in a familiar way: the offended team has the usual options for fouls during a try.
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 10:53am
Get away from me, Steve.

The only wrinkle with ABO enforcement is that A can still have the ball anywhere between the hashmarks for the replay of the try.
Old Mon Sep 30, 2013, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
jchamp, I wasn't disagreeing with you or trying to correct your post. I just wanted to frame the answer in a familiar way: the offended team has the usual options for fouls during a try.
Indeed, I followed where you were going.
Old Tue Oct 01, 2013, 11:15am
Official Forum Member

Wait a minute...isn't it point after touchdown? If it were point after question, there'd be no end.