The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 03, 2013, 07:04pm
Official Forum Member

Film Exchanges on Hudl.com

All,
I run a annual football officiating clinic that targets the High School game ( NFHS rules). I have accumulated a good library of game film that I would be willing to exchange on hudl.com if anyone is interested.
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 08:30am
Official Forum Member

I am interested..can i know the cost of it?
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 08:44am
Official Forum Member

The one way to do it is to be a team supporter, through a team facebook page you can sign up as an insider for $35

https://www.hudl.com/insider/request/2986
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
The one way to do it is to be a team supporter, through a team facebook page you can sign up as an insider for $35

https://www.hudl.com/insider/request/2986
Does that only work for 1 team? If I worked 12 games I could potentially have 24 different schools. Would I need to be an insider for each? Or does the $35 allow you unlimited "supporter" teams? I would think they limit it to 1 team since it's probably intended for parents to see their own kid's video
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 12:54pm
Official Forum Member

not sure but if you contact hudl they might help you out.
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 01:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
not sure but if you contact hudl they might help you out.
We've had several discussions with them about setting up accounts more conducive for officials. They are willing to work with you but charge so much more because of the numbers. We have over 700 members and could potentially exchange over 300 games each week. That's not how they are set up to operate. We would never have that many games or users at one time but the potential is there. That's why a site like The Tyros was created. One of them will eventually have the officiating video market like Hudl does today.
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 08:56pm
Official Forum Member

In NC, the NCHSAA has supervisors setup as coaches and officials setup as players. So coaches can share with the assignor who can in turn share with the officials.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Wed Sep 11, 2013, 09:00pm
Chain of Fools

NC is a pilot with Hudl. We've got some bugs. They set up two accounts and placed 5 each of our 10 associations in each account. The booking agents nee' RSO's go in and retrieve their regions videos, if any and then are to share with their officials.

The way Hudl set up the accounts, only one shows up in the search list when you enter our state acronym in the search box. I don't know if that means half of us are getting the videos or not. I know the biggest concern was that all that traffic may crash Hudl's system.

Myself and another official in our group set up our own account last winter to experiment. The basic Exchange account is $200 and can be billed to a major credit card. You then go in and list how many officials you want as "assistant coaches". When you get a downloaded video, you and your "staff" get an e-mail alert. You can then enter the Hudl library and watch on the 'Net or download to your PC.

We are not a large association, roughly 90. The only ones I have listed at this time are the training committee members and a couple of white hats to assist in watching. If we have success with the schools, I may add all the regular white hats to the list.

I know the only other concern I have heard is some coaches are afraid that video will fall into "enemy hands". While I understand that, I pointed out to one who mentioned it to me was that with today's technology any fan can sit in the stands with a fairly inexpensive camera and film an entire game and share it with whoever they wish, including the world, and there isn't one thing he can do about it. He acknowledged I was probably right.

The one thing I will change is both of us here purchased separate accounts and listed each other on the "staff" . We both get the same access so we will close one at its expiration and just split the cost.