Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 09:43pm
Official Forum Member

You should have Zigged, not Zagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I think they are at least as comfortable and supportive as the Reebok Magistrate that was out a couple of years ago, but I have yet to try the Zags.
They are still out.

And they are still quite comfortable and supportive.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sun Jun 30, 2013, 06:39am
Chain of Fools

State clinic will be at the end of July. Honig's usually shows up. I'll check it out.
Old Mon Jul 01, 2013, 12:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
They are still out.
The Magistrate line is not available everywhere. Some might still have some but none of the vendors in Texas, for example, have them except maybe in weird sizes.

OK, Zigs. Too much Gonzaga basketball, I guess!
Old Mon Jul 01, 2013, 06:23am
Chain of Fools

Try eBay for the Field Magistrate. I had an early version I bought for $20 at a Reebok outlet. I can see why a U would like the TPU toe cap but they're a bit heavy to wear on the wing.

The Zig models were sold under the Vero turf trainer line as I recall. I bought the white bottom models when the state supervisor joined the 21st century and allowed white, then turned around and ordered the all black model when our RSO didn't follow suit

This summer I'm trying the Nike Lunar MVP Pro baseball trainer and its lighter general trainer cousin, the Nike Lunar Edge 15. Again, both probably have too much white to satisfy my RSO. The sole treads are very similar to the old Nike Air Diamond Anniversary, which was the first turf model I ever had.

Last edited by HLin NC; Mon Jul 01, 2013 at 06:28am.
Old Mon Jul 01, 2013, 07:02am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie View Post
I brought this thread back up to say that I tried on a pair of these today. We had a clinic and Honigs was there with these. They fit my foot extremely well and others seemed to like them too as there were orange boxes going out all over the place. The sole has some small spikes on them for traction and they look like they will work well for both grass and fieldturf. I think they are at least as comfortable and supportive as the Reebok Magistrate that was out a couple of years ago, but I have yet to try the Zags.

Our crew went with the Nike 1.3 from Honig's and I love them. They are just wide enough for me and were pretty comfortable right out of the box.

I've worn them on both grass and turf so far and they worked well. I will probably still wear Adidas Turf Hogs for longer, wet grass.