The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jul 16, 2012, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

college football officiating books

I'm starting college football in the fall. I've been studying the rules book and the mechanics manual is on the way (from CFO?). I also ordered the books "2012 CCA Football Officiating Manuals: Crew of 7" and "2012 CCA Collegiate Football Rules: Simplified & Illustrated", but they don't seem to be much help.

Does anybody know if this book is much help?
2012 Football Rule Differences: NFHS & NCAA Rules Compared ~Paul Whiteside, George Demetriou
Old Mon Jul 16, 2012, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

almost forgot...

I also ordered the Reddings book...that was a real help to me in the high school game.
Old Mon Jul 16, 2012, 03:00pm
Archaic Power Monger

Reddings will be a big help. When I transitioned from NFHS to NCAA, I simply dug into the rulebook and did not worry about studying the differences. I was also fortunate though in that I did not have to know NFHS any longer so a differences book may be helpful for you. I have one in baseball and it does help there.

Spend plenty of time studying the actual NCAA rules, and just like NFHS rules, start with Rule 2. As you study, the differences will start becoming apparent to you.

Oh and feel free to post here. Also check out Refstripes, they have a very good NCAA section.
Old Mon Jul 16, 2012, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

Rule Differences did not help me much. No context. Reddings was much more helpful to me. Also, the videos on the CFO website are helpful. Unfortunately CFO is $100.00/year.