The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 09, 2011, 05:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideTheStripe View Post
Please point me in the direction of video/documentation supporting this call. Interestingly enough, the MIAA seems to go out of its way to imply the call was a mistake.
Sounds like the opposite to me. They mention several times that the teams were made to understand this rule and that they were reminded multiple times. In fact... this letter would be one of those items I'd point you to to support the call.

Otherwise, I welcome you to come to an NCAA clinic or a HS clinic in Texas or Mass - you'll get plenty of video documenting the support of this call.

West Houston Mike
Old Fri Dec 09, 2011, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
This would be like a baseball umpire ejecting a head coach the first time he opens his mouth about ball/strike call in a game.
In what way? There is no specific rule telling the umpire to do that. No video shown 15 times at the first clinic of the year telling them to do that.
Quote:
Balls and strikes are off limits by rule
What rule? You insist on documentation on the OP, but then invent rules and then create analogies about them... there is no such rule.
Quote:
but do you eject the first time a coach says something? Of course not. It seems that good judgment was sorely lacking here.
No, you don't... because you're not told to, in any book or clinic. You DO, however, eject them if they come back out after you tell them to cool it.

West Houston Mike
Old Fri Dec 09, 2011, 10:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Sounds like the opposite to me. They mention several times that the teams were made to understand this rule and that they were reminded multiple times. In fact... this letter would be one of those items I'd point you to to support the call.
If you honestly think that was a statement of support, we have nothing left to talk about...

Last edited by InsideTheStripe; Sat Dec 10, 2011 at 12:09am. Reason: No need.