The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 01:40pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
If you mean "bigjohn", then there's a reason he hasn't responded today.

That said, I'm not sure what the personal attack adds to the conversation (and I'm somewhat, but not fully, aware of his posting history).
And I am not sure what his post of the video is doing here either? None of us were there and we do not know what was called. He knows more than any of us as he was there and an explanation was given. Why would he bring that crap here? So to post this play to complain about officiating from him is been getting old. And when he rants about the very thing that might have been actually called, it rings hollow.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:02pm
Official Forum Member

I see no foul, and can't see why U flagged (especially given how late he threw it). That said ... unless R is injured and fighting through it, this guy is the laziest WH I've ever seen - not just during the flagged portion of the video but then dealing with the chains as well and getting back to position. Awful (assuming he's not hurt).

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

I would say that it is very unlikely that this was a foul called on the block action given:

1. The delay in throwing the flag.
2. The fact that he doesn't start jogging until much later, like he saw something else after the play.
3. The fact that he threw the flag straight up in the air instead of at a particular spot.

My guess, it was an USC but ref gave wrong signal.
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 02:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

If IHC was the called, I think the wing should have seen it mostly, but I have no problem with the umpire calling this. But I hate the wings being on the field because the official spends more time retreating then seeing everything in front of them.

Peace
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 06:14pm
Official & ***** Member

If this was indeed called a live ball PF, enforcement would be from the A 8yd line (spot of the foul). 4th & 18 for A from the B 23.

If it was a dead ball USC, then it's 1st-and-10 for A from the B 18.
Old Mon Oct 31, 2011, 11:44pm
Official Forum Member

I have two problems with his post.

First, he's posted play after play after play of hits exactly like this one complaining about IHC not being called.

Now that it's called..... incorrectly in my opinion....he complains.

Next, this is from his game Friday night. He's got no business posting this.
Old Tue Nov 01, 2011, 07:26am
Official Forum Member

OK, now that I have had my hand slapped for reported spam and not posting "reported", let met me finish.

The end result of this play was dead ball USC (they said PF) for taunting even though the R signaled PF. The U called taunting for #4 standing over the down player. It was not even close to being IHC but had the BJ come running in and tossed a flag for that, I would have been ok with it. The kid's helmet came off when he hit the ground and B#4 did not lead with his head or hit A in the head.

The status of the ball was 1st and Goal from the 18 after the penalty. I posted this play as well if you watch the orignal again it is the second one. I am sorry if I offend many of you fine gentlemen on this site but you now get to see that I don't make this stuff up. This is the kind of crews we get here in southern Ohia!

The R had a bad wheel and couldn't get around. I and the HC begged the LJ for a conference on the down and distance of this play but the guy on our sideline was a replacement supposedly (according to R) and he didn't call anything all night.

Anyway, I know none of you guys that come here would do this kind of work. It is just very frustrating that we have this kind of crew do our game.

Last edited by bigjohn; Tue Nov 01, 2011 at 07:31am.
Old Tue Nov 01, 2011, 08:27am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
The status of the ball was 1st and Goal from the 18 after the penalty.
Ouch...sorry John, that stinks.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 06:53am
Official Forum Member

How about the last clip on this highlight? No Call.

Waverly High School Boys Varsity Football - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 07:41am
Official & ***** Member

Quote:
How about the last clip on this highlight? No Call.
Encroachment.

What was the deal with the chopper?
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 07:55am
Official Forum Member

No call.

Since last game in old stadium, local ambulance company delivered game ball. I think they plan to drop some coin on the stadium upgrade and wanted some pub. #55 receiving the football is my son. Senior captain. of course we could not use the actual ball they delivered because it hadn't been approved by the U. LOL!

Of course this did delay opening kick off about 7 minutes so I guess we were lucky to not get a DOG on first kick off!
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Of course this did delay opening kick off about 7 minutes so I guess we were lucky to not get a DOG on first kick off!
You would think that whoever planned this could have figured out how long the helicopter thing would take and could have worked it out so the game didn't start late.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

I think wind was a factor and there was a possiblity of scrubbing the mission.
In the grand scheme of things I don't think 7 minutes was a big deal.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchamp View Post
. It's almost gotten stylish to wear your helmet so loose that the slightest wallop gets it knocked off. It's like kids think that shows they're playing hard. I wish there was a way to go back and see if their chin straps are actually on right, because there's no way the brain bucket should be popping off if it's secured properly without the snaps coming off, too.
JChamp... couldn't agree more on the propensity of helmets coming off recently. I agree that its because the kids are not wearing them properly. I have mentioned to coaches and players when this happens that they better check the fit.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2011, 02:23pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via ICQ to Jim S Send a message via AIM to Jim S
I'm glad John gave all the information...finally. For that dead ball foul (warranted or not) the enforcement was incorrect. It should have been 1st & 10, not 1st & goal. If the foul had occured after the RFP then a 1st & goal would have been correct.
But guys, this points out a problem with many posts. Not getting the information up front to be able to respond to the actual question. Sometimes it's like reading a detective novel and finding out the killer was someone who wasn't even in the story.....

BTW about 20 years ago one of the Seattle tv traffic chopper pilots dropped me the game ball. And yes I caught it!

Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2, Read Rule 2!