The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Derock,
Do you own a NFHS rule book or even seen one for that matter? All your “thinking” don’t mean squat if you have no knowledge of the contents of the “book”. Most officials have a foundation upon which they base there opinion and exercise their judgment. They’ve acquired that foundation AFTER reading the rule book for the code used in their respective states.
If what you say is true, that you’ve officiated for 7 years, it’s totally unconscionable to me that you’ve never bothered to read the rule book. If you’ve been getting paid to work as a football official, you’re doing a great disservice to the league that’s paying you, and to the kids playing those games.
Now I’m sure you’re sitting there thinking what an A$$ I am with all my negative comments toward you. Well let’s see if we can get something positive happening here. Send me your e-mail address and I’ll get some good study material to you. I’m willing to send you my 2001 NFHS rule book (what’s left of it LOL) along with the rule changes for 2002. Hell I’d even be willing to pay for a brand new set of 2002 NFHS (rules, case, simplified and illustrated, officials manual) books if you’d just read them .
Until such time let’s see if we can get you started in the right direction.
1. Describe and explain the “All But One”
2. Define a loose ball play
3. On a free-kick , when do we start the clock ?
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 02:59pm
Official Forum Member

Could I send you my e mail address as well? I'm in need of one of those Gortex long sleeved shirts. I hate my present one - it's about 5 years old. Thanks.

[Edited by ABoselli on Dec 13th, 2002 at 03:36 PM]
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 04:44pm
Official Forum Member

Talking

LOL .....Hell yes AB , but not until you give me the definition of a running play ...... 8^)
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 07:14pm
Official Forum Member

I think Derock just crawled under a rock.

Old Sun Dec 15, 2002, 07:40am
Official Forum Member

Sorry I don't have much time this weekend to respond to all your posts. I will try to respond as soon as I can to your questions and comments. You see, this "idiot ref" was invited to officiate a weekend long football tournament so I'll have to school you guys later! HAHAHA!!!!
Old Sun Dec 15, 2002, 10:21am
Official Forum Member

I've been officiating for 13 seasons and I still have trouble with the "All but One." Or is it "All for One", or "One for All"???? I get so confused!!!!
Old Sun Dec 15, 2002, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

THe All but one is ver y simple...All people posting on this forum are worth listening to ... but one....derock...haha...i found that in the illustrated casebook....haha
Old Sun Dec 15, 2002, 06:30pm
Small Business Owner

Red face Remeber the rules!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Derock1986
You see, this "idiot ref" was invited to officiate a weekend long football tournament so I'll have to school you guys later! HAHAHA!!!!
Remember Derock:
No baseball hats, no spinning, muffs are live, while fumbles cause the ball to become dead. If a flag inadvertantly falls to the ground a two handed tag between the armpits and the knees constitudes capture. Flag Gaurding is always illegal.

Source: http://www.afafootball.com
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 07:03am
Official Forum Member

Is anyone else thinking what I am?
Derock just made up a weekend tournament.

What teams are playing in a weekend tournament now?
Derock says he doesn't do high school or college right?
The only tourny I know going on this past week was the pop warner championships in disney, so my congrats to you Derock.

Isn't everyones seasons over except you college officials and some High School officials?

Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

I was thinking the same thing HSWH. This guy is so full of crap it’s unbelievable. He tells us he doesn’t have time to answer these questions because he got the call to work a big time football tourney. (OWWWW I’m so impressed). Yet he had plenty of time to post his dribble on another thread explaining how rules are fine “If you're taking a rules test or someone challenges you about a rule”, but what we really need is some of that good old “Super Defrock Judgment”. I mean come on… Rules? Super Defrock don’t need no stinking rules. He didn’t bother to take me up on my offer to send him a rule book.(which didn’t surprise me) What do you want to bet he does all his rules studying and polishes his “Super Defrock Judgment” in front of his TV on Sunday? Then he spends the rest of his time practising how he’s going to tell coaches ”YOU WILL RESPECT ME !” . I’ll also bet that when he gets the call to work the NFL(he’s so dam good) his uniform number will be 666 because I’m sure he’s the Anti-Ref.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 11:22am
Official Forum Member

Tournament???

HSWhiteHat,

I agree!

I've never heard of a football tournament this late in the season, like POST SEASON! Maybe Derock's confused and actually got a playoff assignment. Big D, you might want to differentiate for us commoners between tournament and playoff.

However if you did get the youth championship assignment for Disney, don't go. I heard it was kind of a "Mickey Mouse" affair.
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 09:05pm
Official Forum Member

Smile

Sounds like you guys are just jealous because you can't believe someone out there thinks I'm a good enough official to invite to a tournament. You knuckle heads just don't get it. No one cares if you know every rule in the rule book because officiating football is not about knowing all the rules it's about calling a fair and sensible game. In my opinion, the worst officials are text book officials because they lack game sense. Don't let the rules of the game over power using good game sense or should I say, don't get so educated and become a know it all but you have no common sense.

It doesn't matter what you think of me. I'll continue to officiate.

And by the way, I did officiate in a tournament but you wouldn't know anything about that because it was an INVITATIONAL! If I wasn't any good at officiating, then why did they ask me to officiate and then pay me $600 for my services?
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 09:16pm
Official Forum Member

Well Derock maybe you could clue us ignoramuses in on where in the heck they are having a football tournament this time of the year?
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 09:22pm
Official Forum Member

Will whole heartedly agree with something drock said....officiating is about calling a fair and sensible game and not being a know it all...i hate refs who call the backside WR for his chinstrap having one buckle undone while my tailback is scoring up th eother sideline....so i will agree with drock on this one...

was that a flag tourney...they are big this time of year...
if so 600 bucks sounds great....

here in my state flag refs get 20 bucks a game...so in a tourney i guess if you called 30 games or so.....haa
Old Mon Dec 16, 2002, 10:52pm
Small Business Owner

Cool DeRock: You are a legend in your own mind! Now listen up pilgrim and listen good...

Quote:
Originally posted by Derock1986
...No one cares if you know every rule in the rule book because officiating football is not about knowing all the rules it's about calling a fair and sensible game...

...It doesn't matter what you think of me. I'll continue to officiate...

"Fair and sensible" is part of it derock, but it sure as hell ain't all of it!
Ever hear of an official that has a firm understanding of the rules AND has common sense?
If you haven't, you ought to flip on the TV sometime and watch a game. You can believe that 99.99% of the time all seven of thoses guys do!
You can also believe that if you continue with that pissy-a$$ attitude of yours the only TV game YOU will ever be involved with will always be the ones you watch from your recliner!
How dare you generalize all of us and then continue to put your punk-a$$ on a level above the rest of us!
It's clowns like yourself that don't bother to study and learn the rules (for the level you officiate) but rather use seat-of-the-pants rules that give the rest of us bad names.
Why? Because eventually your "fair and sensible", lackluster, make-em-up-as-you-go, rules knowledge will effect the outcome of a game. And once you do that, (and all it takes is once) YOU ARE THE PROBLEM! How many times has this already happened Derock?
You DO NOT have the authority to set aside the rule book and instead use "DEROCKS Fair and Sensible Guide to Football" (as you have conviced most of us that you actually do), Nobody does!

I don't believe you are an official at all! Not with your know-it-all attitude! If you are, and your only aspirations are to continue with Pop Warner Bantams and Pee-Wees then you are on the right track! With your attitude your only "Bowl Game" will contine to be an "Invitational" Flag Tournament that pays $20 a game!!!

I challenge you derock to tell us what association (or chapter) you belong to because:
1) You say too many stupid things for any of us to believe you actually officiate football.
2) If my assumption in #1 is incorrect, then you need a $hitload of growth as an official.

My 2 cents