Thread: for Derock
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 13, 2002, 01:39pm
Official Forum Member

Derock,
Do you own a NFHS rule book or even seen one for that matter? All your “thinking” don’t mean squat if you have no knowledge of the contents of the “book”. Most officials have a foundation upon which they base there opinion and exercise their judgment. They’ve acquired that foundation AFTER reading the rule book for the code used in their respective states.
If what you say is true, that you’ve officiated for 7 years, it’s totally unconscionable to me that you’ve never bothered to read the rule book. If you’ve been getting paid to work as a football official, you’re doing a great disservice to the league that’s paying you, and to the kids playing those games.
Now I’m sure you’re sitting there thinking what an A$$ I am with all my negative comments toward you. Well let’s see if we can get something positive happening here. Send me your e-mail address and I’ll get some good study material to you. I’m willing to send you my 2001 NFHS rule book (what’s left of it LOL) along with the rule changes for 2002. Hell I’d even be willing to pay for a brand new set of 2002 NFHS (rules, case, simplified and illustrated, officials manual) books if you’d just read them .
Until such time let’s see if we can get you started in the right direction.
1. Describe and explain the “All But One”
2. Define a loose ball play
3. On a free-kick , when do we start the clock ?