The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

ABosselli,

I agree with you. I have had craps that take longer also.

Old Fri Dec 06, 2002, 02:19pm
Official Forum Member

Derock,
Why are you blowing the whistle and stoping the clock to tell a coach to get off the field? Its not an officials time out, throw the rag if they don't want to listen after a warning.

Also go over this with the coaches in pre game instructions. Believe me when I walk on the field before a Game most coaches know what im going to say to them anyway. They have had me in the past.
Good Luck
Old Wed Dec 18, 2002, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

Talking I have a solution that works!!!

This past season, I was the Line Judge during a JV game. We have a new coach at this High School, and he gets a bit excited during the game, stepping out onto the field to encourage his players. I accidently solved this problem....

The visiting team was on offense. This coach was kneeling along the sideline, about a yard onto the field, shouting encouragement to the defense. A pass was thrown down my sideline and I quickly moved along the sideline to cover, and accidently hit the coach in the side of the head with the back of my left hand. I hit him hard enough that he fell backwards off the field. I'd never even seen him, but smacked him hard enough to knock him off his feet.

He was never on the field during a play again! I officiated the same team later on in the season, as the Umpire, and he still wasn't on the field. It wasn't intentional, but it sure worked!!!! I think the smack in the side of the head made him realize why that rule is in the rulebook!