The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
And all of you need to understand that this is a progression...the first time the local association bucked the State, they were warned. The second time, there were meetings. The third time...it goes on. The loss of possible play-off berths is a progressive consequence. They knew it and bucked the State anyway.

Look, our local football and basketball associations in this part of the State do the pink whistles and blue flags and all of thet - but we go through the proper channels and get the proper waivers. These clowns have been telling the State to stick it for the last few years, and it has built up to this point. This is not some knee-jerk reaction by some bureaucrat, no matter how badly some of you may want to make it seem like that.
Not to poke a stick at you, but exactly where does it state that the football officials' whistles must be a certain color? They aren't getting that from the rulebook. So exactly what rule did they need a waiver to break?

West Houston Mike
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 01:04pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
Not to poke a stick at you, but exactly where does it state that the football officials' whistles must be a certain color? They aren't getting that from the rulebook. So exactly what rule did they need a waiver to break?
Apparently the WOA has a single line in their handbook that gives Todd the right to make uniform rules up as he goes. Pretty convenient.