The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 08:57am
Official Forum Member

Technical help needed

Ok guys, here's the deal. I had a play in my game from last week that I'd LOVe to show all of you. But I don't know how to get this done. First of all, this was a T.V. game and its a high school game. I have the game recorded on my DVR at home. I also have a DVD burner hooked up with this DVR receiver. Anyway, what I want to do is to extract just this one play and then be able to upload it to youtube or something so I can post a link to it here. Are any of you guys really good with stuff? Could you give me a hint on the best way to accomplish this task?

I'll say this, you'll love the play. It was HURDLING and it happened on a try for point. The player for R got a good running start and just after the snap, he hurdles the snapper and then blocks the kick. It was really an awesome play by this guy and its a shame it had to be flagged by the umpire. But I think it was a great call. No other body part of the snapper was touching the ground, except his feet. And the guy leaped right over him.

Any tips or advice are greatly appreciated.
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Go to videohelp.com and you should find numerous tutorials on transferring a portion of a DVD to an AVI file. You can then use that file to upload to YouTube.

Edit: Thanks JugglingReferee

Last edited by NorCalRef12; Thu Oct 22, 2009 at 03:27pm.
Old Wed Oct 21, 2009, 09:57pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalRef12 View Post
Go to videohelp.org and you should find numerous tutorials on transferring a portion of a DVD to an AVI file. You can then use that file to upload to YouTube.
.ORG is cybersquated. .COM seems to be valid.
Old Thu Oct 22, 2009, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Here is a very inexpensive video capture device called the "easy cap" that can take video from your VCR/DVD player and put it onto your computer so you can upload it to youtube and share it with everyone.

DealExtreme: $10.99 EasyCap USB Video Capture Adapter

It costs roughly 11 bucks + S&H. I have one and it has worked pretty well on mine. As long as your computer isn't a clunker, you'll be ok. I have a laptop that was pretty well gussied-up when I bought it in 2004