The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:30pm
Official Forum Member

I've only recently joined the boards to discuss things with officials that I am not familiar with. I have also done my share of bashing bad officiating. But without a doubt, the best officiating I have ever seen was just conducted throughout the Big East Tournament. It was exciting to watch, and the officals didn't dictate the outcome of the game.

The Referee's the worked the Big East should be give a round of applause!!
Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Having watched a number of those games on TV. I'd concur. There were some tough calls here and there and a few that were missed, but overall it was well-officiated.

Unfortunately, it seems that Tim Higgins age is starting to show. He just isn't the same official anymore. Jim Burr put him on his back in that championship game.

And just so that people won't say that I am not being specific allow me to point out two particular plays. Higgins had nothing on the collision at the top of the key with Pitt trailing by 3 as the T. He missed the toe on the 3pt line for Syracuse while standing in front of the Syracuse bench and Burr came and changed it.

Old Sat Mar 11, 2006, 11:38pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
I agree.

Nice job!

Old Sun Mar 12, 2006, 12:59pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Nevadaref
Having watched a number of those games on TV. I'd concur. There were some tough calls here and there and a few that were missed, but overall it was well-officiated.

Unfortunately, it seems that Tim Higgins age is starting to show. He just isn't the same official anymore. Jim Burr put him on his back in that championship game.

And just so that people won't say that I am not being specific allow me to point out two particular plays. Higgins had nothing on the collision at the top of the key with Pitt trailing by 3 as the T. He missed the toe on the 3pt line for Syracuse while standing in front of the Syracuse bench and Burr came and changed it.

I agree that Tim Higgins is slowing down quite a bit. However, replays appeared to show that Burr mistakenly called a foul on Eric Devendorf when a Pittsburgh player was attempting a 3-point shot in the first half. It happens...

As for the play you mentioned at the end of the game, Krauser pump faked, the Syracuse defender jumped. Not straight up, but a little towards Krauser. Krauser then basically launched himself toward the defender. Mid-air crash, no call. Len Elmore was beside himself announcing the game, saying that something had to be called there, implying a Syracuse foul. If anything, it should have been a foul on Krauser. I had no problem with the no call there.