The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 03:31pm
M.A.S.H.

Information Cards

I tried searching for this but didn't find anything.

I currently use the Honig's plastic reuseable card. For the most part, it does ok, but I've noticed it's harder to write on and the writing comes off easier now.

So, I somewhat duplicated the information into a Word document and I'm going to start making my own on index cards.

Currently, on the card I have:

Team, Coach, Toss (Won/Loss), 1st Half (Receive, Defend, Defer), Captains, Timeouts.

I also have a little table for a penalty summary.

What am I missing or what additional information do I need on the card?

It's been kind of a fun project doing it from scratch and working with little space. Thanks for your help.
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

See this thread: Home made game cards
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 04:20pm
M.A.S.H.

Thanks NorCal. I figured my key words weren't right in my search.
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 09:14pm
Official Forum Member

I think you need to add in the Score and also the quarter change info (down, distance, ball at, clip at). I have assessed crews where no-one wrote it down and then they messed up the quarter change. I expect my entire crew to write down the quarter change info. Better that too many write it down than not enough.

As for recording penalties, you need some space for that. At the very least everyone should write the team and number of any U/C since it is an automatic ejection for the 2nd U/C. Woe betide a crew who mess that up!
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 09:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes View Post
I think you need to add in the Score and also the quarter change info (down, distance, ball at, clip at). I have assessed crews where no-one wrote it down and then they messed up the quarter change. I expect my entire crew to write down the quarter change info. Better that too many write it down than not enough.
Good point about the quarter change info.

I had a game this year where we switched ends between the 3rd and 4th quarters in a fourth and four situation from the 22 with the clip at the 25. The head coach starts screaming, "we only had a yard to go. you guys have the spot wrong." I told the coach that the spot was correct and the chains were set properly. That didn't mollify him, so told him that we wrote it down before picking up the ball and pulled out my game card and showed him the aforementioned info.

He turned around an walked away and didn't say another word all game.
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 09:54pm
Official Forum Member

I have an Equipment Box that I check when the Head Coach verifies his players have the proper equipment and I record the numbers of players that I verify the legality of cast or bandages ...
Old Thu Oct 08, 2009, 10:18pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump33 View Post
I have an Equipment Box that I check when the Head Coach verifies his players have the proper equipment
What is the point of doing that?
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 05:47am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDUB View Post
What is the point of doing that?
1-5-4 ... Prior to the start of the game, the head coach shall be responsible
for verifying to the referee and umpire that all of his players are legally equipped and in compliance with these rules. Any questions regarding legality of a player’s equipment shall be resolved by the umpire.

I check it off as a reminder that it was covered in pre-game conference with both coaches.
Old Fri Oct 09, 2009, 08:21am

Quote:
Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes View Post

As for recording penalties, you need some space for that. At the very least everyone should write the team and number of any U/C since it is an automatic ejection for the 2nd U/C. Woe betide a crew who mess that up!
Also probably should write down sideline warnings as the next one is 5 yds and then write that down as the 3rd one is 15.