The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Football (https://forum.officiating.com/football/)
-   -   Information Cards (https://forum.officiating.com/football/54948-information-cards.html)

tjones1 Thu Oct 08, 2009 03:31pm

Information Cards

I tried searching for this but didn't find anything.

I currently use the Honig's plastic reuseable card. For the most part, it does ok, but I've noticed it's harder to write on and the writing comes off easier now.

So, I somewhat duplicated the information into a Word document and I'm going to start making my own on index cards.

Currently, on the card I have:

Team, Coach, Toss (Won/Loss), 1st Half (Receive, Defend, Defer), Captains, Timeouts.

I also have a little table for a penalty summary.

What am I missing or what additional information do I need on the card?

It's been kind of a fun project doing it from scratch and working with little space. Thanks for your help.

NorCalRef12 Thu Oct 08, 2009 04:15pm

See this thread: http://forum.officiating.com/footbal...ame-cards.html

tjones1 Thu Oct 08, 2009 04:20pm

Thanks NorCal. I figured my key words weren't right in my search.

With_Two_Flakes Thu Oct 08, 2009 09:14pm

I think you need to add in the Score and also the quarter change info (down, distance, ball at, clip at). I have assessed crews where no-one wrote it down and then they messed up the quarter change. I expect my entire crew to write down the quarter change info. Better that too many write it down than not enough.

As for recording penalties, you need some space for that. At the very least everyone should write the team and number of any U/C since it is an automatic ejection for the 2nd U/C. Woe betide a crew who mess that up!

InsideTheStripe Thu Oct 08, 2009 09:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes (Post 629737)
I think you need to add in the Score and also the quarter change info (down, distance, ball at, clip at). I have assessed crews where no-one wrote it down and then they messed up the quarter change. I expect my entire crew to write down the quarter change info. Better that too many write it down than not enough.

Good point about the quarter change info.

I had a game this year where we switched ends between the 3rd and 4th quarters in a fourth and four situation from the 22 with the clip at the 25. The head coach starts screaming, "we only had a yard to go. you guys have the spot wrong." I told the coach that the spot was correct and the chains were set properly. That didn't mollify him, so told him that we wrote it down before picking up the ball and pulled out my game card and showed him the aforementioned info.

He turned around an walked away and didn't say another word all game.

ump33 Thu Oct 08, 2009 09:54pm

I have an Equipment Box that I check when the Head Coach verifies his players have the proper equipment and I record the numbers of players that I verify the legality of cast or bandages ...

LDUB Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ump33 (Post 629756)
I have an Equipment Box that I check when the Head Coach verifies his players have the proper equipment

What is the point of doing that?

ump33 Fri Oct 09, 2009 05:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LDUB (Post 629763)
What is the point of doing that?

1-5-4 ... Prior to the start of the game, the head coach shall be responsible
for verifying to the referee and umpire that all of his players are legally equipped and in compliance with these rules. Any questions regarding legality of a player’s equipment shall be resolved by the umpire.

I check it off as a reminder that it was covered in pre-game conference with both coaches.

RadioBlue Fri Oct 09, 2009 08:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by With_Two_Flakes (Post 629737)

As for recording penalties, you need some space for that. At the very least everyone should write the team and number of any U/C since it is an automatic ejection for the 2nd U/C. Woe betide a crew who mess that up!

Also probably should write down sideline warnings as the next one is 5 yds and then write that down as the 3rd one is 15.