The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 1.67 average. Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 11:30am
Official Forum Member

Any news yet?
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 10:14pm
Chain of Fools

They won't release until Feb.

usually.
Old Tue Jan 27, 2009, 04:13pm
Official Forum Member

What is being demonstrated is that despite the proposed change, those who think like Koach Kurt will continue to believe they are within the rules. Those who understand the spirit of the rules will continue to regard them as the cheats they are.

So, no resolution, but at least we have the spirit of the rule re-inforced in writing and the expectation of the coach and teams to play within that spirit, also in writing.

That's enough to see the beginning of the end of A-11.

However, I'm sure there are other loopholes being examined as we speak. Snake oil salesmen never die, they just switch elixirs.

By the way, not to be offensive, but when it comes to rules governing play at high schools in the US, I really don't give a crap what they do in Canada.

Last edited by MrUmpire; Tue Jan 27, 2009 at 04:16pm.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Once again the Hyena Pack rears its ugly head. . .

You know a funny thing happened since I posted my earlier social experiment, this same pack of snarling beasts simply moved to another area and continued to ravage anything in its path.

Instead of trolling this web site and spewing your vile all over the Internet for everyone to read and see, why don't you go down to the barber shop and get yourselves some "man-zillians", then head out to your own local ice cream parlor, sit next to a nice looking lady, make some conversation and go out on a date! and do it again! and do it again!

I mean, do any of you have lives? Or does JRutDude come here to meet TXMike every night? Or does Hickland come here to meet JayBird every night? Or does ASDF come here to meet Snackwells (aka Snausages) because it doesn't hurt so much? Or does HLNC come here to meet "Mr(P)umpire of the night"? Get a life ladies and Ed Hickland please don't suck Brand New into your lair of arrogance. Really fellers, what kind of perfume do you buy each other for Christmas?

Has anyone ever bothered to count that there's only 20 of you and its the same drone over and over and over. RutDude Since 2000! That 8 years. You must have such bad buildup, you could shampoo a Wildebeest from 20 yards away! Turn it loose on a woman for the love of god. You'll be in a much better mood when you arrive and hopefully talk about what a beautiful shade a green field-turf is!

Have fun with this post boorish louts. And Jaybird, you are definitely elevating your game to a who new level with those shameful comments about the 50 year officiating veteran. Be proud. You da man. Barack ran so that despicable hyenas could interact with children.

Last edited by zebra295; Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 01:10am.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 01:23am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra295 View Post
You know a funny thing happened since I posted my earlier social experiment, this same pack of snarling beasts simply moved to another area and continued to ravage anything in its path.

Instead of trolling this web site and spewing your vile all over the Internet for everyone to read and see, why don't you go down to the barber shop and get yourselves some "man-zillians", then head out to your own local ice cream parlor, sit next to a nice looking lady, make some conversation and go out on a date! and do it again! and do it again!

I mean, do any of you have lives? Or does JRutDude come here to meet TXMike every night? Or does Hickland come here to meet JayBird every night? Or does ASDF come here to meet Snackwells (aka Snausages) because it doesn't hurt so much? Or does HLNC come here to meet "Mr(P)umpire of the night"? Get a life ladies and Ed Hickland please don't suck Brand New into your lair of arrogance. Really fellers, what kind of perfume do you buy each other for Christmas?

Has anyone ever bothered to count that there's only 20 of you and its the same drone over and over and over. RutDude Since 2000! That 8 years. You must have such bad buildup, you could shampoo a Wildebeest from 20 yards away! Turn it loose on a woman for the love of god. You'll be in a much better mood when you arrive and hopefully talk about what a beautiful shade a green field-turf is!

Have fun with this post boorish louts. And Jaybird, you are definitely elevating your game to a who new level with those shameful comments about the 50 year officiating veteran. Be proud. You da man. Barack ran so that despicable hyenas could interact with children.
Actually big guy, I have been around here since about 97-98 when this site along with a now defunked site was very popular in the officiating community. And honestly if you do not like the people here, then take your behind somewhere else. Funny how things have been going just fine when you were not here. And honestly, who cares what you think. You do not even have the balls to represent yourself in a real way, but try to insult people you cannot get to. Big man you are. I guess we are all supposed to give a damn now because your feelings were hurt.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 01:47am
Official Forum Member

Oh Rut!!!

Two snaps for little RutDude!! Gettin' alllllll lathered up!

So are you saying its not been 8 years but 11 years? Man oh my! As the days tick by the temperament just gets hotter & hotter.

You know Rut, why don't you just come to your senses and quit while you are behind. It's so obvious you are a mental midget in one-on-one battles of wits. Separated from your pack all you can do is beg for the heat to go away.

Last edited by zebra295; Wed Jan 28, 2009 at 02:02am.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 02:00am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Two snaps for little RutDude!! Gettin' alllllll lathered up!

So are you saying its not been 8 years but 11 years?

Man oh my! As the days tick by the temperament just gets hotter & hotter.
All lathered up over what?

You really need to get a clue.

It is about 8 months until the next football season and I worked the final game of the year. I really think there are bigger things to worry about than what someone thinks about an issue that has already been resolved.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 02:13am
Official Forum Member

The issue of your behavior resolved?

Oh, I don't think so Sir. But your pack may think so, and that's expected, and its showing itself daily. From one bitter discussion to the next. Blah, Blah, Blah.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 02:31am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Oh, I don't think so Sir. But your pack may think so, and that's expected, and its showing itself daily. From one bitter discussion to the next. Blah, Blah, Blah.
Whatever you say Big Guy. You will not be around in a week and it took you over a several weeks to comment on a dead issue.

If you do not like what is said, do not come back. You will not hurt my feelings or anyone else here for that matter I am sure.

Peace
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 09:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

With all the insults you've thrown out in this post, you seem to be a one man hyena yourself. I have a thought for you and you can take it or leave it. If you have a problem with someone or something here then simply ignore it, move on, and look at the bigger picture. In the grand scheme of things this forum doesn't mean doodly so get yourself a brew, unwad your underwear and smile.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 09:47am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Maybe I could pretend to be angry or something. Or is it flattered?

Seems to me that someone should have been beat more as a child.

Hypocrite, thy handle is zebra295.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 10:02am
Official Forum Member

What set this sumbuck off again? I was really hoping that (s)he went away, thereby elevating the intelligence level on this site.

Hey ze-bra 295,
While you're critiquing others, you need to look in the mirror. The discussion in this thread is about possible rules changes and to date you have added nothing.
If you insist on trying to correct perceived faults of others, I suggest that you go instruct pre-K youngsters so as to mold them as you see fit. No, on second thought, leave our young people alone. Instead, go to a nursing home and try your luck with those experienced folks. Either way, just go! You add nothing to this (or any other) site.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
What set this sumbuck off again? I was really hoping that (s)he went away, thereby elevating the intelligence level on this site.

Hey ze-bra 295,
While you're critiquing others, you need to look in the mirror. The discussion in this thread is about possible rules changes and to date you have added nothing.
Even all the king's horses and all the king's men can't make a stupid remark smart, it just doesn't work that way. When frustration compels someone to offer a really unnecessary, and stupid, remark most officials have learned it best to try and ignore the first stupid uttering, in hopes once the hot air is spent it will blow away.

Trying to out-stupid the first dumb remark, with an even dumber one, usually doesn't do anything to elevate anything related to intelligence. Unfortunately, when the first stupid remark generates a string of equally stupid responses, to the point it seems any stupid comment requires a choir like series of equally stupid responses, ignoring all of them just doesn't seem as effective a deterrent as hoped.

The fact that someone has been offering stupid remarks longer than everyone else doesn't usually amount to an accomplishment for most and perhaps should serve as an opportunity for introspection.

Perhaps, simply choosing to respond to stupid postings more like we all know how to respond to stupid comments we hear on the field, ignoring most of the initial ones, there would be a lot less need for cascading stupid reactions. Do any stupid, unnecessary comments relate to rule changes? It's really rare that when rocks start getting thrown back and forth, anyone actually benefits from the exercise
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 01:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:

Hey dude! Who appointed you God? If you don't like the people and the company we keep do the American thing, take your clueless self somewhere else, nobody forced you to logon.
Old Wed Jan 28, 2009, 01:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Even all the king's horses and all the king's men can't make a stupid remark smart, it just doesn't work that way. When frustration compels someone to offer a really unnecessary, and stupid, remark most officials have learned it best to try and ignore the first stupid uttering, in hopes once the hot air is spent it will blow away.

Trying to out-stupid the first dumb remark, with an even dumber one, usually doesn't do anything to elevate anything related to intelligence. Unfortunately, when the first stupid remark generates a string of equally stupid responses, to the point it seems any stupid comment requires a choir like series of equally stupid responses, ignoring all of them just doesn't seem as effective a deterrent as hoped.

The fact that someone has been offering stupid remarks longer than everyone else doesn't usually amount to an accomplishment for most and perhaps should serve as an opportunity for introspection.

Perhaps, simply choosing to respond to stupid postings more like we all know how to respond to stupid comments we hear on the field, ignoring most of the initial ones, there would be a lot less need for cascading stupid reactions. Do any stupid, unnecessary comments relate to rule changes? It's really rare that when rocks start getting thrown back and forth, anyone actually benefits from the exercise
Speaking of dumb remarks and trying to out-stupid someone... zebra295's kin folk, ajmc, just spoke also trying to tell others how to act and speak. Both of you two characters need to focus on the subject matter instead of trying to correct others who's behavior you don't approve. If it would make you feel better, I can group you with KB and just never respond to his or your remarks again.
Closed Thread