The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 10:39am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXMike
You are reading way too much into that job announcement.
I don't feel that way at all.

When I learned about the post, I did not know that Parry was retiring and that the post was to fill his position. (If I am wrong to assume that when someone leaves a job, management often replaces that person with another person, please let me know.) Therefore, I thought the post was to fill the need for work desired to be done outside of Parry's mandate and time restraints.

Now that I know Parry is retiring, then the post makes sense, and that the post is to replace a current employee. If it's an apology you need for my misuderstanding, then I offer it.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 10:41am
Official Forum Member

Holding at the line of scrimmage and then follows the QB and defenders as they pile into the OOB area.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpiano
Well, the Back Judge came over because the Field Judge was obviously looking for help. Try to get a replay of the entire sequence.
Watching the replay of teh game right now. I see what you mean. I would sure like to know what the heck they were talking about. I assume it was just the BJ confirming that the receiver had possession of the ball. BUt the F should have been able to see that with no help. Maybe it was the BJ asking the F to tell him what he had so he could help the F make the decision as to the final result?
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Aggie
Where is the line judge?
I think that is where mechanics may have broken down. I think the LJ should have turned his attention to the pass and let the WH deal with the quarterback. But hey, I only get to watch these games on TV, so who am I to judge.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:50pm
Official Forum Member

He could not help on this. He was blocked by at least 2 defenders and a pylon
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

After watching it again, you're right, he probably wouldn't have had much to offer. If he would have turned to watch the pass, he may have been run down with everything coming his way.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 02:56pm
Official Forum Member

not always the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbybanaduck
i'd really would have liked to be a fly on the wall in the replay booth. the replay clearly showed he didn't have possession until the foot was off the ground. inexplicable.
The replay we see on TV and the replay that the guys in the booth see, are not always the same. There are times that the replay that shows the best angle don't always make it upstairs.
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

This crew needs to get rid of those finger whistles and flags hanging out of back pocket....sloppy signals because of finger whistle...sloppy appearance with flag hanging halfway out. ERR!
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 03:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagger
This crew needs to get rid of those finger whistles and flags hanging out of back pocket....sloppy signals because of finger whistle...sloppy appearance with flag hanging halfway out. ERR!
What video are you watching???
Old Fri Oct 26, 2007, 03:26pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Jagger
Lazyness is the cause of the sloppy signals, not the finger whistle...