The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 02:35pm
Official Forum Member

Honigs Ultra Tech Shirt

Bought 2 of these last week and wore one Saturday for the first time. Mixed thoughts and wondering if anyone else has worn these.

I like the feel of the fabric. It does feel much like my workout clothing. It is somewhat a 4 way stretch, just don't pull too hard. The one thing I don't like is the collar. It appears to be large plus the material is harsh feeling. Not at all compatible, in my view, with the regular fabric of the shirt.

Saturday, I wore it in a game where it was VERY, and I mean VERY humid. And believe me, as a lifelong Texan, I know humidity. There was some saturation, but it didn't make the shirt overly heavy. At least, not that I noticed.
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 02:54pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
I use the Ultra mesh from Cliff Keen. Normally I buy only Honigs stuff but I was in a pinch and went to a local shop and picked one up. I liked it so much I bought another one as well. I really like this shirt. The mesh is small enough that you cannot tell it's mesh. The only bad thing is the colors are as dark as a traditional polyester shirt.

It was very hot and humid here this past weekend too and these shirts are saviors in the heat and humidity.

There is another shirt out there similar to the Honigs shirt. I want to say it is at Ump Attire.com or something like that.
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 08:34pm
Official Forum Member

I have both the Cliff Keen shirt and the Ump-Attire.com shirt. I like the Ump-Attire better. However both are way better than the poly shirt
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 10:08pm
Official Forum Member

Tried out the Ultra Tech yesterday in a hot humid youth game -- always like to try new stuff in subvarsity games. Really could not tell a difference.

I really like the Micro-Pique shirt which was my choice Friday night in what had to be the most humid game in my 26 years -- the game site was 5 miles from ocean with the wind blowing off it.

If there is a next year my wardrobe will be Ultra Tech and Micro-Pique.
Old Mon Oct 08, 2007, 11:24pm
Archaic Power Monger

I recently purchased a micro-pique from Honigs and I like it. Although it is made by Pentagon sports, the shirt is the same quality as Honig's and it kept me much cooler than the standard polyester shirt in the afternoon heat.
Old Sun Nov 11, 2007, 11:00pm
Official Forum Member

Just an update: I've worn the Honigs for several games now and I won't order any more of them unless they change the collar material. It is extremely abrasive against my neck. What in the hell is Honigs thinking on this? Terribly uncomfortable.
Old Mon Nov 12, 2007, 01:49am
Archaic Power Monger

Bummer, I was looking forward to trying one. You might like the micro-pique shirt.
Old Mon Nov 12, 2007, 11:36am
Official Forum Member

I mistakenly purchase an Ultra Tech thinking it was the Micro Pique.

Last season (2006) I purchased a Micro Pique and got to wear it one day then the weather turned cold. That particular day it was sunny, 75 degrees and humid. It was terribly comfortable.

In getting rid of old shirts I ordered an Ultra Tech thinking it was the Micro Pique for 2007.

The Ultra Tech is comfortable in really hot and humid conditions but my preference is the Micro Pique. For looks the Ultra Tech is a better looking shirt, so, it can came down to comfort versus looks as I see it.

BTW. I've found the Under Armor Heat Gear sleeveless shirt under either of the aforementioned shirts to be a nice combination for warm weather.

Last edited by Ed Hickland; Mon Nov 12, 2007 at 06:02pm.