The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Dec 30, 2005, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

I have the OC shirt and love it. How's the new honigs shirt compare? I need a couple of more shirts.
Old Fri Dec 30, 2005, 08:41pm
Official Forum Member

I really like the OC "microsofter" shirt as well. I have yet to find any shirts comparable, however, while inquiring with Honig's Bill Hoseney (GM), he indicated they were putting out a "new" shirt that is similar to the OC "microsofter" and would be listed in it's next catalog.

There is a "ProSofter" model that is listed on the Honig website which I believe is the counterpart to the OC model. I have not ordered one of these to compare....but will tell you that about two years ago, Paul Anderson sent me a FREE "sample" of his Grey Shirt for me to show members of our regional association. At that time he said he had the traditional B&W ones in the same material. I ordered three of them and many others did too when they saw the shirt. I continue to get positive comments about the shirt. I certainly would want to hear reports from those who are wearing the Honig ProSoft shirt.
http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Cat=2&Sub=22&Item=1044

I might just have to order one and compare the differences, if any.
Old Fri Dec 30, 2005, 09:19pm
Official Forum Member

I have the Honig's shirt. I like it much better than the regular mesh. However, I can't compare it to the OC shirt as I WILL NOT PAY $10 S&H FOR ONE SHIRT!!!

The only thing I don't like about the shirt is that it comes out wrinkled and I have a tough time getting those wrinkles out.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Dec 31, 2005, 12:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
I have the Honig's shirt. I like it much better than the regular mesh. However, I can't compare it to the OC shirt as I WILL NOT PAY $10 S&H FOR ONE SHIRT!!!

The only thing I don't like about the shirt is that it comes out wrinkled and I have a tough time getting those wrinkles out.
I know what you are saying BktBallRef...I am also very disappointed in OC's "shipping" charge fiasco! The policy seems to change day-to-day....which is very frustrating! When I got my shirts a couple of years ago, I believe OC was just a smaller business dedicated to providing quality products and service. Shipping was consistant and reasonable. Now, I believe OC has retained a "fulfillment" house type operation and drop ships their stuff. More overhead and less "personal touch" to your orders. The rub comes when they charge you for FedEx ground charges and turn around and use cheaper USPO service. I know ahead of time of the FedEx charge and accept that when ordering....it's dishonost to then use a cheaper service without my knowledge, after the fact, and not pass along the savings to the customer. It's simply "Bait & Switch". (Make the profit off your product, NOT the shipping charges!) Not only that, OC recently added another charge..."Handling".

I wish Paul at OC would revert back to his previous good service and personal attention to Officials. I know that I wouldn't have to think of doing business with anyone else if OC would do this!

Back to the "wrinkled" shirt problem....with the OC, after I wash the shirt, I remove it from the washer, give it a good shake and throw it into the dryer and let it dry for about 3-5 minutes on medium heat. Then remove it from the dryer and hang dry it. The shirt is still a bit damp, but the warm air from the dryer seems to take the wrinkles out prior to hanging. This works for my OC's. Good luck!

I will order a Honig "ProSofter" and see if there's any comparable differences!

Happy New Year....and "BEAR DOWN" Chicago Bears!
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 12:49pm
Official Forum Member

Much like Bktballref I had major issues getting the wrinkles out of the Honigs shirt. I have tried every trick in the book, including those mentioned by Bearboy. But more important than the wrinkles is the fact that the white in the Honigs shirt seems very very dull, almost a off white color. I haven't even worn the Honigs prosoft shirt that I bought, I am just using it as a 3rd backup. I am biting the bullet and going to order an pair of OC shirts to see how they compare.
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 01:48pm
Official Forum Member

I phone ordered with OC. From what I'm told, there's less of a shipping problem if you do that. Don't ask my why.

As with the wrinkles, I can't speak for the Honigs, but there's no reason to dry the OC. Just take it out of the washer and hang it up. It will be dry within 15-30 minutes.

If I dry any microfiber material clothing (and I have a LOT of them), its all done on air dry. But the only things I air dry are things that get folded up and put on a shelf/in a drawer. Hung up stuff get hung up after the wash.

Incidentally, does the Honigs shirt fit like the micromesh honigs shirt? I ask because I have a MM Honigs from football that is an XXL. OCs shirts ran big and a XL fits me right.
Old Wed Jan 04, 2006, 05:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bannind
Much like Bktballref I had major issues getting the wrinkles out of the Honigs shirt. I have tried every trick in the book, including those mentioned by Bearboy. But more important than the wrinkles is the fact that the white in the Honigs shirt seems very very dull, almost a off white color. I haven't even worn the Honigs prosoft shirt that I bought, I am just using it as a 3rd backup. I am biting the bullet and going to order an pair of OC shirts to see how they compare.
Thanks bannind....you just convinced me not to purchase the Honig ProSoft shirt. Unless others have better experiences, I'll suck it up and stay with the 3 OC MicroSofters that I own.

Good point on the sizing TexasAggie....my first two OCs were size large and fit comfy. I ordered a third at a size medium just to see the difference. The shirt fits me better through the torso, however, my upper arms must be like Ed Hochuli's. The sleeve banding rises up my arms whenever I raise either arm when calling fouls, signalling 3-Point conversion, center toss, recognizing timeouts or dead ball situations, etc.. When I bring my arm(s) down the sleeve(s) stays higher on the arm above my biceps staying there like I now have padded shoulders. The large shirt's sleeves have more room so the sleeves don't bunch up like the medium and easily return to where they belong...down by my elbows.

I'll take Aggie's tip and place my next OC order by phone from now on!
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

My biceps are, well, of a decent size as well and while most shirts I wear are big enough for them, I do get the occassional sleeve caught up. I've heard comments like, "don't mess with this guy" or "I'm going to stay out of your way." It can actually be a good thing!

See my story about the cop on another thread involving fan ejections. That guy had the biggest arms I've EVER seen. I've dated girls who's waist wasn't that big.
Old Fri Jan 06, 2006, 11:48pm
Official Forum Member

I've dated girls whose waist WAS that big.
Old Sat Jan 07, 2006, 11:51pm
Official Forum Member

Is anyone wearing the Smitty Pro Cool V Neck shirt. How does it compare to Honigs or OC. How about compared to other mesh shirts. On the web site it says it is tapered thru the waist. I need to order a couple of new shirts this weekend and was wondering what you thought.
Old Fri Jan 13, 2006, 01:21pm
Official Forum Member

I just received the new Honigs shirt and I also own the OC shirt. In comparison I would have to say that the Honigs shirt is very close to the OC shirt, I would say that I almost like the Honig's better. It is very comfortable to wear.
I can not see a difference in the color of the white stripes when putting the shirts side by side.