The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

NCAA 2007 Football Rules Book

Does anyone know why the 2007 Football rules book has been pulled from the NCAA website?
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Rule book pulled

I heard a rumor today that there is a change to kick off. The "H" will be moved to the kickers restraining line and the line will become a plane. If any part of the body breaks the plane it is now encroachment by K.
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Not often NCAA goes to a Fed. ruling.
So now it's R and LJ on the goal line? (Pylons, I'm sure.) Hmm, giving up the middle on the return to ensure a K doesn't have a toe breaking the plane? That seems odd.
So, H will now be in the 'on-sides' position for every kick. I think a lot of H's will beg to be LJ's so they don't have to run 70 yards after a score.
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 12:29pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG UMP
I heard a rumor today that there is a change to kick off. The "H" will be moved to the kickers restraining line and the line will become a plane. If any part of the body breaks the plane it is now encroachment by K.
That might be a conference change, not an overall mechanics change. I know the Big 12 is toying with going to the NFL mechanic by moving U to the H side of the field on K's restraining line, having the B give the ball to the kicker, winding the play clock and informing the kicker to wait for the whistle from R. Then B would move to his normal spot on the L sideline. After the kick, both the U and B would bust in to about midway between numbers and hashes, closer to the hashes would be ideal, and observe action from there.

As for the restraining line, we were told that the whole "one foot down" thing does not apply anymore. Now they're saying "a distinct advantage" meaning if they are just breaking the plane, let it go. But if they're a yard-plus over,

For more info, see: http://www.refstripes.com/forum/index.php?topic=2193.0 It seems the book was pulled down because of many mistakes in references and interpretations.
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Just what I heard came from the coordinators meeting this weekend
Old Mon Jun 11, 2007, 04:25pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The 2007 NCAA Football Rules and Interpretations Book was found to be incomplete and has been temporarily removed from the Web site. It will be reinstated at this location as soon as the complete book becomes available.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
This is becoming a trend.