The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Apr 24, 2006, 03:53pm
tpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by parepat
Maybe you should take a more human approach. Think of it as "Spinal Tap" for officials. Focus on use/abuse of Vitamin K & E for supehuman vision. Or maybe explore the common practice of officials picking a team (usually the home team) that they want to win: and, then doing everything possible to screw the other team. And finally, you could do an expose' of the dark side of officiating.....ref groupies (Title it : Women Love a Man in Uniform- Even One Made Out of Polyester).

dude, you're scaring me...LOL
Old Sat May 06, 2006, 09:02pm
Official Forum Member

Periodically (sp) through the show, you should flash either an email address or a mailing address (or both) where viewers can send in their questions regarding rules. If the show is live, flash a phone number and people can call in. You can then read their questions on the air the following week and answer the public's questions.

Last edited by bossman72; Sat May 06, 2006 at 09:09pm.
Old Thu May 11, 2006, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Lightbulb Here's one

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpaul
Guys,
snip... I was thinking of the misconceptions of High School Football rules. Ones you think fans do not understand or always misinterpret.... snip

How about intentional grounding? (i.e., illegal forward pass). I must have heard, a half dozen times or more, from the stands... "Hey, he was out of the pocket!!" Also, heard that at least once from an Asst. coach.
Old Thu May 11, 2006, 04:28pm
tpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra in NV
How about intentional grounding? (i.e., illegal forward pass). I must have heard, a half dozen times or more, from the stands... "Hey, he was out of the pocket!!" Also, heard that at least once from an Asst. coach.
Oh, that is a good one!
Old Thu May 18, 2006, 03:01pm
Official Forum Member

You may want cover the fouls that carry lose of down or more importantly, the rules that no long carry LOD - Ineligible down field.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Guys,
I am looking to put a cable tv show together on football officiating. What I am looking for is some ideas. It is to difficult to just cover a whole rule and be meaningful and entertaining. So, I was thinking of the misconceptions of High School Football rules. Ones you think fans do not understand or always misinterpret. I know we may have done links like this before but I need to see them again.
Tom, I am always looking to network with local officials, and this sounds like a great idea. Shoot me an email if you need any help with anything. I am right next door in PA.
Old Thu May 25, 2006, 09:56am
Official Forum Member

Another obvious one I constantly hear. The defense jumps offsides, you throw the flag, then you hear from the sidelines "He got back"....again, not in HS he didnt.

Also, an uncatchable pass does not exist in HS football. Most fans do not know this.
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 07:24am
Official Forum Member

Can't forget this comment...

"hey!! That pass was UNcatchable!!! "
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 03:05pm
tpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJWalt
Tom, I am always looking to network with local officials, and this sounds like a great idea. Shoot me an email if you need any help with anything. I am right next door in PA.
Walt what is your email?
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72
Periodically (sp) through the show, you should flash either an email address or a mailing address (or both) where viewers can send in their questions regarding rules. If the show is live, flash a phone number and people can call in. You can then read their questions on the air the following week and answer the public's questions.

I think this could be one of the best parts of your show. If you want to clear up misconceptions and stuff, what better way than to have people (who don't understand the rules) call or write in with their own misconceptions or crazy plays. This could also be a great time-filler.
Old Fri May 26, 2006, 04:34pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Walt what is your email?
tpaul, here is my email address, shoot me an email.

[email protected]

Thanks, Jerry
Old Mon May 29, 2006, 05:57am
Official Forum Member

Ideas

How about the thing we hear alot of from both niave coaches and fans after a pass interference is called? "Ref , that pass was uncatchable!"