The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Nov 01, 2005, 11:32pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
My wife gets upset because when she goes everything goes smoothly. She wants to be at a game where I have a coach in my a** all night, or the fans are a little crazy. Never fails though, the next game, which she doesn't attend, is always teh game she should have went to to see those things.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 12:32am
Official Forum Member

My wife came tonight for a quarter of a JH game and taped it. I wanted to get some mechanics on tape this year before the season ended.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 08:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas Aggie
My wife came tonight for a quarter of a JH game and taped it. I wanted to get some mechanics on tape this year before the season ended.
see guys, wives can be useful football tools.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 08:14am
Official Forum Member

My wife has been to two games this year. Only games that would be close, she does not travel with me as I appreciate the commoraderie with the crew traveling to the game. She respects that, I am glad. The games she does come to she photographs ME, and these are treasures that I have came to appreciate over the years.

She ignores the comments, no big deal, it comes with the territory. I tell her, nothing no more than what my ex-wife use to call me!

I have to travel far to a play off site which is close to my mother, she will come to watch my game.

I thought about staggering my games, wife at first 2 GF at next 8! Just joking, hope the wife don't read this one

[Edited by irefky on Nov 2nd, 2005 at 09:56 AM]
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 08:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by schmitty1973
My wife has been to a few of my games, but every time the fans start yelling, she says "What did you do wrong?!?"
Gee thanks for the support... now go cook my turkey pot pie!
Same here. My wife won't go to games because of the idiots yelling at the refs. When I come home and tell her about some jerk coach, she says, "What did you do?" Thanks for the support!
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 09:00am
Official Forum Member

Don't have a girlfriend anymore.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.
Old Wed Nov 02, 2005, 10:31am
Official Forum Member

My wife has only been to two of my games in 10 years. Heck, it was work just to get her to go to games back in college when I was playing and she could get free tickets. Even then she didn't really watch them but always brought a book.

More recently my parents and brothers have been to a couple of games that I worked, both games involved my old high school. The main reason my wife was at these games was for the kids. My boy is still too young to know what is going on but when I come home wearing the uniform he says "ball" to me and wants my whistle. He runs around the house for a while blowing it; don't give your kid a whistle with a pea because they can actually make noise with that one.

It was two years ago when my wife brought her parents and our daughter to a freshman game. I was on the chains so I was on the opposite side of the field from them but came over and talked to them at half time. I guess during the game this 3-year old girl was yelling in the stands during a freshman game, "Go Daddy!" That might have sounded funny to some people there.
Old Sun Nov 06, 2005, 01:44am
Chain of Fools

Family

My son is six now and once or twice a season, my wife will bring him to a game if I'm working a local JV game or middle school. I remind her to sit well away from anybody and make sure he doesn't talk too loudly about Daddy.

Its kind of neat after the game as he loves coming down on the field to see me and I get my hug!
Old Sun Nov 06, 2005, 05:18pm
Official Forum Member

Ok, Dumbref asked if I wanted to reply. I'm a spousal unit that goes to most of his games. To keep track of him, pffff. Not hardly. We don't have kids to keep track of and I know that's a large reason why some wifes don't go/get to go. I enjoy being outside and I enjoy spending time with dumbref. It doesn't bother me when people fuss about the calls. No one has ever been rude or out of control. It helps that I enjoy football. Besides, I get a hat tip and the opportunity to watch mature men in tight white pants. What else could a girl want.
Old Mon Nov 07, 2005, 09:54am
Official Forum Member

No wife or girlfriend....but my HUSBAND has tagged along when I officiate softball at least once or twice.

On one occasion (low division adult league) there were a few fans belly-aching about balls and strikes from the stands (because you can see them so much better from up there). In between innings, hubby came down to the backstop, told me I was doing a good job and that he was having fun. Gave me a kiss through the fence and went back into the bleachers. You know, all the *****ing stopped right after that! I told him he could come to all of my games from now on. (He doesn't--and incase you're wondering, he's not a big guy, and just last year I explained to him what a force out was--forget about trying to explain the infield fly rule!)

Deeno

Old Mon Nov 07, 2005, 10:27am
Official Forum Member

Lets see, been married 24 years, officiating the last 14 of them. My wife may see a couple of innings of softball a year stopping by either picking up or dropping something off if I work in the area. She is grateful for the time alone so she can do what she wants. My kids are older and they are usually off by friends.

Carol Stream, Illinois
NFHS
ASA