The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 05, 2005, 10:15am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to concernedmommy
I truly appreciate everyone's comments. I placed a call Monday morning to the director of the entire league & have not gotten a call back, so I called again today to reiterate the fact that it's very important for him to return my calls. I will be at the next board meeting & will at that point voice my concern & disqust for the decision made by our commish. Like I said in an earlier post I will take this as far as I need to. I wish instead of being upset at the decision made on Sunday, I would have pulled my son out of the game. Supposedly the other team should have taken a forfeit but when the scores were posted in the local paper it was reported as a loss for us. Even still at that point it wasn't about the win or loss for me it was about the safety of my child. Also, just to let you know I'm not crazy...I had some friends from work come to the game & they could not believe the coaches even played the game. When the parents did in fact voice their concern to the commish...he stated all those boys are within the weight limits...then why didn't they want to weigh in???? Those boys were not within the weight limits & he & their coaches knew that. Last year, this team did the same exact thing...my older son was on the team my younger son is on this year...& when he got finished losing that game against the same team who last year "did not want to weigh in" he said...."MOMMY, MY BODY HURTS ALL OVER" I do know that football is a very physical sport & I know the risks when you play your child for any competitive sport...BUT we as parents are supposed to feel that the people making the final decisions related to a game, would be making them in the best interest of the children. Both my boys are running backs...& they take the most hits in the whole game...& we are all ok with that when it's against a fair & rule abiding team. In midget football...there are weight limits for a reason.
Old Wed Oct 05, 2005, 10:22am
Official Forum Member

At that age the body is less able to withstand the impact of another player twice his size. I quit officiating little league football due to all the injuries that happened. It made me tense up when a huge kid went and made a tackle on this small kid. One time a kid had to carried off in an ambulance. I just didn't want to be around that type of stuff. As far as I know there was only age requirements and not a weight limit where I officiated.