View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 03, 2005, 11:53am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to concernedmommy
Question

my boys both play little league football, 1 is a 2nd year player the other is a 1st year player. The rules as the parents know them are....every team must weigh in and the weight limits for the 1st year/ 8 & 9 year olds is 90lbs, and the 2nd year/ 9 & 10 year olds is 110lbs. My problem starts with the commissioner of our league. He made a decision yesterday in the 8 & 9 year old game to not make the teams weigh in because our opposing team did not want to. The parents went to him & voiced our concern because these boys were much larger than our boys. At that point, since the game was a "supposed" forfeit by the opposing team the game should not have been played. A few of the boys on our team got hurt, and that was my & many other parents original concern. Now my question, as a parent, what are my responsiblities to make sure this never happens again. I was told that once the "commissioner" made that decision there was nothing anyone could do. I believe the coaches should not have played our boys since it was a "supposed" forfeit. I know I could have taken my son out of the game but didn't want the other kids on the team to feel even more intimidated if my son didn't play. Please help me!! I along with many other parents want this commissioner removed from his responsiblity. He has no children and obviously doesn't really care about the children. This is a small town and he even turned atleast 10 boys away from the game because they were late turning in their paperwork. In my eyes, most of the kids in this town are raising themselves and need these sports & coaches as role models because they are not getting it at home. I've looked all over the net trying to find the right way to handle this situation but have had no luck so far. If there is anyone out there who can help me start the steps to get this man removed from his responsibilities I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for reading & helping.