Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Aug 16, 2005, 05:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Re: case book

Quote:
Originally posted by andy1033
With all the errors in the case book one more would not suprise me. This is the case book not the rule book.
Remember, the case book is an extension of the rule book. Although something might not be directly stated in the rule book, if there is an interpretation in the case book that states something, you probably want to follow what the CB says. An example that comes to mind is face guarding. This was in the case book for years but never directly stated in the rule book until this year.

Yes, it is annoying that this happens but until the NFHS changes their editorial process, I think we will have to accept this and keep discussing these errors so we all know what is the right call/interpretation.

For a list of CB and RB errors this year, check out my site. I've included a link to the NFHS site where they list all the errors and mistakes.
Old Tue Aug 16, 2005, 05:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up HC Ejection TO's

Snake
eyes got it right. It's just another penalty; the application of the law of unintended outcomes governs the conduct of the offending party.
There is no further opportunity for reward post ejectment; that is the intent of a penalty for a gratuitous foul..
Old Wed Aug 17, 2005, 08:03pm
Small Business Owner

The federation has stated three times - Case Book, NFHS Website, and the NFHS Rules Interpreters meeting in July, that if the HC is ejected the "New" head coach can not call a time out. How much clearer can they get.

THE NFHS writes the rules and provides the interpretations. If some of you can not understand this process and/or elect to blantently disregard any rule because you "thought it out and it doesn't make sense" you are 110% wrong.

If you wish to change a rule submit your proposal in writing via your state office. They have the forms.

There are procedures for making changes and none of them include, "I thought about it and it doesn't make sense so I am changing it".

-Nuff said
Old Thu Aug 18, 2005, 04:03am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
It appears the do not want the "new" head coach to be able to call time if the HC is ejected. The case book clearly states this and it is a clearly different ruling then the same situation in last years case book. They changed it and let no know about it with their ruels and interpetations changes.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Thu Aug 18, 2005, 07:09am
Official Forum Member

Post Eject TO's

KWH is spot-on.
'Nuff said.
As his signature says - If you called, you saw it. And ... all of you saw it right here. It's black letter; it's in the Rule Book.
Old Thu Aug 18, 2005, 10:37am
Small Business Owner

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
It appears the do not want the "new" head coach to be able to call time if the HC is ejected. The case book clearly states this and it is a clearly different ruling then the same situation in last years case book. They changed it and let no know about it with their ruels and interpetations changes.
Cowboy:
You are correct in that it does not appear in the Rules Book as a change. I'm sure that was an oversight. It is however listed in the Casebook 3.5.2 Situation B and it is also covered on a slide on the 2005 NFHS Rules Changes Powerpoint presentation which you should be presented as part of your state/association rule clinic.