LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 05:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob Mc
Quote:
Originally posted by jjrye22
A bit of background to the play...

Field goal attempt from B's 2 is blocked (must be behind or in the expanded NZ) and comes down in the endzone.
My thought - This ball is dead.

Did I miss something here. All kicks regardless of force in B's endzone are a touchback, aren't they? Yeah yeah I know if it rebounds off B through the cross bars it counts but here it came down in the endzone. Please un-confuse me.

[Edited by Bob Mc on Dec 2nd, 2004 at 03:40 PM]
In NF, yes, it should have been a TB as soon is the scrimmage kicked crossed the goal line.
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 06:29pm
Official Forum Member

My blunder

Im a FJ 6(man) we have a long pass into the end zone I am at the pylon where im supposed to be the reciever is directly in front of me the defender is in front of him I see the reciever kin of contort un naturally but I never see any contact.....so I put my hand on the ball of my flag but i hesitate so I pass on it. ( i never sawe any contact so i went immediatly to if you think you have a foul you dont....) Well i got chewed by the coach who saw me grab the flag. At the half the U and HL said to me the guy got hit in the stomach why didnt you flag him i explained about my not seeing any conact and then the said HMMM maybe i should have thrown it..... so me and the HL now have a signal that if i see the reciever contort or move unnatural but im unsure of contact and he has contact ill look at him and hell reach to his flag and we can both have it on the ground in time
Old Thu Dec 02, 2004, 09:36pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by jjrye22
A bit of background to the play...

Field goal attempt from B's 2 is blocked (must be behind or in the expanded NZ) and comes down in the endzone.
My thought - This ball is dead.

Did I miss something here. All kicks regardless of force in B's endzone are a touchback, aren't they? Yeah yeah I know if it rebounds off B through the cross bars it counts but here it came down in the endzone. Please un-confuse me.

[Edited by Bob Mc on Dec 2nd, 2004 at 03:40 PM]
Bob, I think that's the point, they made a mistake about not calling it a TB. Atleast that's how I intepretate it.
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Re: My blunder

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbulger1
Im a FJ 6(man) we have a long pass into the end zone I am at the pylon where im supposed to be the reciever is directly in front of me the defender is in front of him I see the reciever kin of contort un naturally but I never see any contact.....so I put my hand on the ball of my flag but i hesitate so I pass on it. ( i never sawe any contact so i went immediatly to if you think you have a foul you dont....) Well i got chewed by the coach who saw me grab the flag. At the half the U and HL said to me the guy got hit in the stomach why didnt you flag him i explained about my not seeing any conact and then the said HMMM maybe i should have thrown it..... so me and the HL now have a signal that if i see the reciever contort or move unnatural but im unsure of contact and he has contact ill look at him and hell reach to his flag and we can both have it on the ground in time
If the HL saw it he should have flagged it unless it was clear accross the field. Also, how would the U know if it was or was not? His job should be cleaning up the line. When I work the U I never see long passes downfield because I am cleaning up "my" linesmen. For being in the middle of the game the U should have the worst seat in the house as he misses most of the game.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 04:07am
Official Forum Member

Quote:

[/B]

[Edited by Bob Mc on Dec 2nd, 2004 at 03:40 PM] [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry Bob, I forgot to write that we use NCAA rules. I'll try to remember to include that fact in the future.

James
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 05:45am
Official Forum Member

Mine isn't nearly as juicy as "blocking" the snap on a try, but here it goes anyway:

Subvarsity game, so it's a 4-man crew, and I am the LJ (thankfully it wasn't as "big" as a varsity game, but that is no excuse for not getting things right). K punts, and I am down there covering it. The ball is rolling along (not stopped, but it doesn't have that much momentum), and no R players are around. It touches a K player. Rather than just bagging the first touch, I decide it might be a good idea to blow my whistle...and I didn't even get a free Fox 40!
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 02:12pm
Official Forum Member

REPLY: Free kick over the first line of R into a relatively empty area. Mad scramble for the loose ball. Players from K and R dive for the loose ball. K muffs it. It rolls closer to the sideline. Finally a K player dives on it, but I rule that his leg was lying OOB when he recovered it. First down for R at the inbounds spot. No objections from anyone. About three plays later it dawns on me that no player from R ever touched the ball! Should have been a free kick OOB infraction offering R the three options. Thankfully the play had no real bearing on the game as the half ended shortly thereafter.
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 03:39pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by waltjp
Quote:
Originally posted by Warrenkicker
Not me or my crew but between a try and a kickoff there were two 15 yards penalties of some sort on the non-scoring team. So the kickoff is moved to the R-30. The kickoff goes out-of-bounds. The officials place the ball at the R-35 because that is where you place a ball after it is kicked OOB. Would have been nice if they remembered it should have been 25 yards from previous spot.
Yikes! After penalty enforcement, K kicked from R's 30. They gave R the ball behind K's kicking line???
That's what they did. It just shocks me everytime I think about it.
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bob M.
REPLY: Free kick over the first line of R into a relatively empty area. Mad scramble for the loose ball. Players from K and R dive for the loose ball. K muffs it. It rolls closer to the sideline. Finally a K player dives on it, but I rule that his leg was lying OOB when he recovered it. First down for R at the inbounds spot. No objections from anyone. About three plays later it dawns on me that no player from R ever touched the ball! Should have been a free kick OOB infraction offering R the three options. Thankfully the play had no real bearing on the game as the half ended shortly thereafter.
I had that exact same situation happen to me. It happened so fast, it totally blew my mind. None of the coaches noticed either.
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 05:21pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: My blunder

Quote:
Originally posted by cowbyfan1
Quote:
[
If the HL saw it he should have flagged it unless it was clear accross the field. Also, how would the U know if it was or was not? His job should be cleaning up the line. When I work the U I never see long passes downfield because I am cleaning up "my" linesmen. For being in the middle of the game the U should have the worst seat in the house as he misses most of the game. [/B]
Our U always turns on a pass after a ball crosses the NZ to help incase we are screened happens all the time.

His mechanic on a pass is to run tho the los and then turn to see the pass

Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 08:38pm
Official Forum Member

What was the biggest

mistake you made this

Hello,dear friend,
There is big shoe factory in Guangzhou of China, and we can supply all styles of brand shoes and good quality ,low price,including nike air shox,air max,TN,air jordan,air force ect.There are our customers all around the world,USA,UK,France,Italy,Korea,Japan,Mid-east.
Our shoes are best quality and lower price.
And we also can provide one or two pairs for the person. IF you want any stytle ,maybe you can tell us the exactly stytle.

If you have any question please don't hesitate to contact us by email or mobile.I hope we can build up good and stable business relationship.

our website: www.giant-shoe.com
[email protected]
MSN:[email protected]

notice:
if you want ,please directly contact us by mail or msn