View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 03, 2004, 02:35am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to cowbyfan1 Send a message via Yahoo to cowbyfan1
Re: My blunder

Quote:
Originally posted by jimbulger1
Im a FJ 6(man) we have a long pass into the end zone I am at the pylon where im supposed to be the reciever is directly in front of me the defender is in front of him I see the reciever kin of contort un naturally but I never see any contact.....so I put my hand on the ball of my flag but i hesitate so I pass on it. ( i never sawe any contact so i went immediatly to if you think you have a foul you dont....) Well i got chewed by the coach who saw me grab the flag. At the half the U and HL said to me the guy got hit in the stomach why didnt you flag him i explained about my not seeing any conact and then the said HMMM maybe i should have thrown it..... so me and the HL now have a signal that if i see the reciever contort or move unnatural but im unsure of contact and he has contact ill look at him and hell reach to his flag and we can both have it on the ground in time
If the HL saw it he should have flagged it unless it was clear accross the field. Also, how would the U know if it was or was not? His job should be cleaning up the line. When I work the U I never see long passes downfield because I am cleaning up "my" linesmen. For being in the middle of the game the U should have the worst seat in the house as he misses most of the game.

Need an out, get an out. Need a run, balk it in.