The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Apr 01, 2015, 06:59pm
Official Forum Member

Kentucky gets two unearned points vs ND?

I don't do Facebook,but had a video shown to me today. I think the score was ND17 to 19 at the time. The video was very bad as the guy recorded his TV using a cell phone. K had gone up for a shot and had a ND player block it when an arm made the net move. 2 pts were awarded though ND had just rebound and no one had to inbound the ball. It appears that all the players and officials knew it was nothing as they all just turned and went back down the court. Was this error corrected later? Can anyone find and post the video? ND lost the game by 2 pts. Thanks
Old Wed Apr 01, 2015, 07:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

I really hope you are not taking a videos word for what was in the scorebook. Officials should know better.

Peace
Old Wed Apr 01, 2015, 07:13pm
Official Forum Member

Found the video

Use this link:
VIDEO: Notre Dame vs. Kentucky Conspiracy Theory

Interesting though
Old Wed Apr 01, 2015, 08:10pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Ref View Post
I don't do Facebook,but had a video shown to me today. I think the score was ND17 to 19 at the time. The video was very bad as the guy recorded his TV using a cell phone. K had gone up for a shot and had a ND player block it when an arm made the net move. 2 pts were awarded though ND had just rebound and no one had to inbound the ball. It appears that all the players and officials knew it was nothing as they all just turned and went back down the court. Was this error corrected later? Can anyone find and post the video? ND lost the game by 2 pts. Thanks
Yes, the TV scoreboard was corrected later. The play-by-play clearly indicates that after 19-17 ND ties the score at 19-19.

Ummm, the play-by-play also shows this: 7:42 Karl-Anthony Towns missed Jumper.

Why would anybody go by a TV scoreboard when they have a play-by-play that accurately depicts the actual score?
Old Wed Apr 01, 2015, 09:08pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Yes, the TV scoreboard was corrected later. The play-by-play clearly indicates that after 19-17 ND ties the score at 19-19.

Why would anybody go by a TV scoreboard when they have a play-by-play that accurately depicts the actual score?
Because fans are stupid. They have no sense whatsoever.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 12:20am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post

They don't where to view the play by play log. Perhaps you should post a helpful link.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 01:10am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
They don't where to view the play by play log. Perhaps you should post a helpful link.
For that matter, they only needed to watch a few more seconds of the game video to see the score go back down. Someone was just looking to complain. Notice that the guy who made the video had cardboard taped over his web cam like a true conspiracy nut.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 07:54am
Official Forum Member

Too many think that the time / score / PA / TOs left on the TV screen are somehow "official."

It's much like when the scoreboard at the HS game is wrong and some fan yells incessantly about it as if you should stop the game immediately to check / correct.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 03:31pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Patience Is A Virtue ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
It's much like when the scoreboard at the HS game is wrong and some fan yells incessantly about it as if you should stop the game immediately to check / correct.
Wrong score was on the scoreboard at the beginning of a sixty second timeout. Crowd complained and we immediately went to the table to confirm. Yes, the score on the scoreboard was wrong. The problem was that the score could not be changed as the scoreboard was counting down the sixty seconds timeout. Crowd continued to get restless. A police officer came onto the court to get us to change the score. I thought that we were going to get beat up by the crowd, or worse, arrested by the cop.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 03:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Wrong score was on the scoreboard at the beginning of a sixty second timeout. Crowd complained and we immediately went to the table to confirm. Yes, the score on the scoreboard was wrong. The problem was that the score could not be changed as the scoreboard was counting down the sixty seconds timeout. Crowd continued to get restless. A police officer came onto the court to get us to change the score. I thought that we were going to get beat up by the crowd, or worse, arrested by the cop.
Did you toss him? If he could not demonstrate that he was coming there to offer protection from pending harm after the game I would get his name and badge number. This is nothing more than attempted intimidation under the cloak of authority. Get his rear out of the gym if he didn't immediately leave the court when instructed.

Just my opinion.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 04:08pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The problem was that the score could not be changed as the scoreboard was counting down the sixty seconds timeout.
Pet peeve: I HATE THIS. Let the timer use a stopwatch or a smartphone or the counting feature of the clock but without the board display. The game time should be displayed because I use time-outs to check down game status and mentally re-set, and I hate not being able to see the time remaining.

To my joy, this is illegal in NCAAW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatteryPowered View Post
Did you toss him? If he could not demonstrate that he was coming there to offer protection from pending harm after the game I would get his name and badge number. This is nothing more than attempted intimidation under the cloak of authority. Get his rear out of the gym if he didn't immediately leave the court when instructed.

I think there are a couple of football officials in New Orleans who can attest to the risks taken when confronting uniformed police officers during a game, even (especially?) when you're right. I say, note his name and write to the department, your assigner, the school/district, etc after you're safely back at home.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 04:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
How many schools have scoreboards that do this now? I was really surprised to see it (and found it maddeningly annoying) when I went to a HS game this year -- at first I thought the timer was asleep at the wheel and letting the clock run.
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 04:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by so cal lurker View Post
How many schools have scoreboards that do this now? I was really surprised to see it (and found it maddeningly annoying) when I went to a HS game this year -- at first I thought the timer was asleep at the wheel and letting the clock run.
I cannot tell you how many, but there are a lot of scoreboards that do this here. It does not bother me anymore because it has been so common to see them.

Peace
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 05:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

How Much Time Is Left ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtn335 View Post
Pet peeve: I HATE THIS. Let the timer use a stopwatch or a smartphone or the counting feature of the clock but without the board display. The game time should be displayed because I use time-outs to check down game status and mentally re-set, and I hate not being able to see the time remaining.
Agree.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Thu Apr 02, 2015, 06:31pm
Official Forum Member

Reason number 8,298 why sports fans are stupid and annoying.