Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 01:35pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
If the shoe fits...

You've got that issue on multiple sports on multiple forums. So maybe it's not the rest of the world.
Not really. There may be the occasional thread where I'm a little over the top, but sometimes they're learning experiences. Most of my arguments are based in logical thinking or reading the rule as written and applying it myself. In the case of the Luke Kuechly ejection I was correct, unlike the majority of responses on this board. Please don't act like I'm always taking the wrong side blindly.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 01:36pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
If that is the biggest negative, then this is a superb forum. Because sites I see that don't involve officials are full of a bunch of jacka$$es who purposely discard any semblance social etiquette and respectful discourse. You should be happy to be here.
Yes, it's definitely better than your example, but it's still a pretty big negative. A number of members just fallback to the "fanboy" dismissal rather than engage in legitimate discussion, which defeats the purpose of them posting at all.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 01:45pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe the reason the "fanboy" accusation gets used on this forum is because so many of the posters accused of it come on here and throw around their opinions and criticisms without having the first clue what the rules, mechanics, and philosophies of basketball officiating are.

If you want to post opinions and criticisms on an officiating message board, common sense (fanboys' favorite phrase) would suggest that you have enough knowledge about what we do in order to make reasonable, legitimate claims.

We know who the fanboys are because once championship season ends, they pretty much go into hiding until next year.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 01:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk314 View Post
Yes, it's definitely better than your example, but it's still a pretty big negative. A number of members just fallback to the "fanboy" dismissal rather than engage in legitimate discussion, which defeats the purpose of them posting at all.
Then stop acting like fanboys. You are supposed to be an official and your judgment should be in question, not acting like someone got robbed because a judgment was made.

And as stated, there are fanboy sites that call you a lot worse when they disagree with you about an actual rule.

Peace
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 02:08pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Not really. There may be the occasional thread where I'm a little over the top, but sometimes they're learning experiences. ....
And that's when you get the fanboy designation. When you come to an officiating site and argue a JUDGMENT call (ie: UCLA/SMU) for the sole purpose of arguing, don't expect positive feedback. You go A LOT over the top whenever the majority of the opinions are opposite of what you believe to be true; that holds true especially in the football forum.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 03:47pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
How about we just discuss the merits of the case without you telling me what I'm thinking or why I'm thinking it when you have no idea? You think it's obvious? Fine...that's your judgment. I don't think it's anywhere near that obvious and that a reasonable case can be made on the side. Personally, I'm split on it and can see it justifiable either way, a close call, but probably a T. Disagree if you don't see it that way, but spare me the fanboy accusation.
I'll send you $100 if you send us a video of you running fast as you can, jumping, dunking, grabbing the rim, and have your feet hit the supports behind he backboard just from momentum.

And if you don't want to be treated like a fanboy, don't use fanboy-level arguments. Whether he would land on his back or not once he hung on the rim is irrelevant if he put himself in that position illegally.

Last edited by Camron Rust; Mon Mar 30, 2015 at 03:51pm.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 03:48pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I'll send you $100 if you send us a video of you running fast as you can, jumping, dunking, grabbing the rim, and have your feet hit the supports behind he backboard just from momentum.
Will you lower the backboard a few feet?

$100 wouldn't pay for the ambulance ride.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:00pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
And that's when you get the fanboy designation. When you come to an officiating site and argue a JUDGMENT call (ie: UCLA/SMU) for the sole purpose of arguing, don't expect positive feedback. You go A LOT over the top whenever the majority of the opinions are opposite of what you believe to be true; that holds true especially in the football forum.
My argument in that case was based on what I observed and applying the rule as written to those observations. I wasn't over the top at all in that thread. Merely a difference of opinion.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:09pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
My argument in that case was based on what I observed and applying the rule as written to those observations. I wasn't over the top at all in that thread. Merely a difference of opinion.
How about the thread for the Arizona v Wisconsin game in which you questioned what a crew discusses at halftime and stated that there were way more fouls called in the second half than the first half. When I provided the actual numbers (20 & 23) that proved you to be a liar, your only response was "grow up."
You were shown to be dead wrong and responded like a scolded teenager instead of an adult who desires to have a rational discussion about officiating issues. Here are two words for you "good riddance."
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:18pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
How about the thread for the Arizona v Wisconsin game in which you questioned what a crew discusses at halftime and stated that there were way more fouls called in the second half than the first half. When I provided the actual numbers (20 & 23) that proved you to be a liar, your only response was "grow up."
You were shown to be dead wrong and responded like a scolded teenager instead of an adult who desires to have a rational discussion about officiating issues. Here are two words for you "good riddance."
lol. A liar? Really? It certainly seemed that way watching the game, probably because at one point 14 of Arizona's last 16 points were from the line. How about you learn how to post without making personal attacks if you don't want to be told to grow up?
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:25pm
Do not give a damn!!

Ijs....

I have never seen great dunkers like Micheal Jordan, Dominque Wilkins, Darryl Dawkins or those from Phi Slamma Jamma have to hang on the rim that way to stop from falling. And this dunk was not contested or had a foul being called, but those athletic players did not need to do what this kid did and somehow never were in a hospital for a dunk.

Peace
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
... occasional thread ... a little over the top
Milk through the nose.

West Houston Mike
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
lol. A liar? Really? It certainly seemed that way watching the game, probably because at one point 14 of Arizona's last 16 points were from the line. How about you learn how to post without making personal attacks if you don't want to be told to grow up?
Still no acknowledgement that you were both wrong and over the top there. Two things that you keep claiming not to be on this forum.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:46pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
Still no acknowledgement that you were both wrong and over the top there. Two things that you keep claiming not to be on this forum.
I'd say that post was an acknowledgment that I was wrong. I've never claimed not to ever be wrong or over the top. Nice try though.
Old Mon Mar 30, 2015, 04:47pm
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Milk through the nose.
It's true. The vast majority of my posts on here are reasonable. That some people dismiss me as a fanboy rather than engage in legitimate discussion doesn't change that fact.
Closed Thread