Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 10:24am
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
No problems.

The Nike Air Max shoes are all "running" shoes too and everyone wears them.
Interesting.

Thanks!
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Interesting.

Thanks!
All "officiating" shoes are either categorized as "trainers" and/or "running" shoes. Until the Zigs were marketed to officials by Reebok, I was never able to go to Eastbay or Footlocker, for example, and type in "officiating" shoes and get returns.
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 11:11am
AremRed

I haven't been able to find those all-black Zjet's if anyone has a link to them.
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 03:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
I haven't been able to find those all-black Zjet's if anyone has a link to them.
http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...tId=prod760751

Mine ran a little large. I have the patent zigs and MINE were true to size. The Z Jets ran a little big so I am returning them to a store this weekend. Comfortable but heavier than my Air Max and Zigs.
Old Tue Mar 10, 2015, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remington View Post
http://www.finishline.com/store/prod...tId=prod760751

Mine ran a little large. I have the patent zigs and MINE were true to size. The Z Jets ran a little big so I am returning them to a store this weekend. Comfortable but heavier than my Air Max and Zigs.
I tried on size 12 and 13, and the 12s were too tight. I went with 13s but I have to wear two pair of socks. I have had numerous Reebok and Nike athletic/officiating shoes in the last 5-6 years and this is the first size 13 of either brand that have ran big.
Old Sun Mar 15, 2015, 08:32am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
My advice is to simply go with the Zigs. In 17 years of officiating they are clearly the most comfortable shoes that I've worn.
I was also informed that they run small and so ordered a 1/2 size bigger. That turned out to be a mistake. The larger shoes felt splashy and I ended up ordering another pair in my normal size, which have been perfect.
I've been thinking about to get a pair of Zigs but I'm not too sure about which size I need to get although I've heard a lot of comments that people should get 1/2 size larger. I won't be able to try them in the store either as I'm not in the States. I do NOT have wide feet (wear D in NBs) and to be honest you are the only one I saw that chose the normal size for Zigs. Any comments about what size I should get... normal? 1/2 larger? I'm definitely ok to break them in for a bit as I always walked my new shoes at home for a few days before stepping on the court. Thanks.
Old Sun Mar 15, 2015, 09:40am
Esteemed Forum Member

Half Size Larger For Zigs ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
... people should get 1/2 size larger.
Agree. I've been wearing size 11 since high school and have always been able to just purchase shoes, of any type, without trying them on, until I purchased Zigs. I can wear the 11 Zigs when I store them with shoe stretchers inside, but I really wish that I had purchased the 11 1/2's.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Sun Mar 15, 2015, 07:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Agree. I've been wearing size 11 since high school and have always been able to just purchase shoes, of any type, without trying them on, until I purchased Zigs. I can wear the 11 Zigs when I store them with shoe stretchers inside, but I really wish that I had purchased the 11 1/2's.
Thanks Billy - so what's the kicker then? Is it the middle of the shoe being too thin/narrow? As some one said that the head of shoes are big enough though.
Old Tue Mar 17, 2015, 05:16am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
Thanks Billy - so what's the kicker then? Is it the middle of the shoe being too thin/narrow? As some one said that the head of shoes are big enough though.
For me my toes ran out of room. 6 games in a Provincial championship a few years ago and my I had 4 black toenails.
Closed Thread