The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 07:52am
Official Forum Member

Question What Luggage Case Do You Use?

I know it's an odd question and it all depends on your own preference.

I have a 22" and a 28" Nike ones - one carry on and one checked obviously.

Thinking about changing the smaller one to a Tumi but T is damn expensive... recommendations? +1 with the pics/links.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 09:31am
Official Forum Member

http://www.ebags.com/product/ebags/m...uctid=10211608

(and there are other similar items)
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 11:01am
certified Hot Mom tester

Try this one. Only $19 at Wal-Mart!

Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 01:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

It's True, It's True ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
Try this one. Only $19 at Wal-Mart!
Mark Padgett just puts his stuff in a big bag:

Hey Mark Padgett: That's a funny logo for your local association, and do you always get so dressed up on your way to a game?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Feb 08, 2015 at 02:03pm.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 01:59pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Bought a nice 20 or 21 inch Kirkland carryon at Costco.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 05:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
I know it's an odd question and it all depends on your own preference.

I have a 22" and a 28" Nike ones - one carry on and one checked obviously.

Thinking about changing the smaller one to a Tumi but T is damn expensive... recommendations? +1 with the pics/links.
I lived out of a Tumi for several years. The bag is rock solid.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 06:42pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwking View Post
I lived out of a Tumi for several years. The bag is rock solid.
I have several Tumi bags I use for work travel. If you have the bucks, there's nothing better, IMO.
Old Sun Feb 08, 2015, 09:06pm
Official Forum Member

I got a 29" eBags bag for baseball and it seems really nice. If you have a TJ Maxx or Marshalls store around, they have some decent stuff that is priced lower than full retail.

My basketball bag now is a 21 or 22 inch roller from either WalMart or Target that has lasted for at least three seasons. At about $30, it was money well spent. I will probably get a new one next year.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Old school dude

I know this will probably get some response from most of you "with it" guys, but the day I have to roll a 21 or 22 bag into a gym is the day I'm not fit enough anymore to call a game. I still CARRY a large enough, nice looking black bag w a shoulder strap and almost find it humorous to see a good sized healthy guy on our (or any) crew stroll across the main floor, while the JV game is going on, rolling a tiny bag behind him.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by letemplay View Post
I know this will probably get some response from most of you "with it" guys, but the day I have to roll a 21 or 22 bag into a gym is the day I'm not fit enough anymore to call a game. I still CARRY a large enough, nice looking black bag w a shoulder strap and almost find it humorous to see a good sized healthy guy on our (or any) crew stroll across the main floor, while the JV game is going on, rolling a tiny bag behind him.
This is me too ... Shoe bag on one side; towel/shower shoes on the other. Texas fold-em with all my uniform stuff fits nicely on the top.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
THat's what I used to use -- but when it finally broke down, I couldn't find one with the pocket configuration that I wanted, so I went with the rolling bag.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I'm plenty fit to carry a bag, I just don't want to. The first bag I used was too small, then I got a new one that was waaaay too big. It was hard to get it in locker rooms and in and out of car trunks. It could have carried about five sets of uniforms and was overkill.

The small suitcase works really well. Big enough for shoes and everything else but small enough to go anywhere, plus you don't have to lug it over your shoulder. The small suitcases have plenty of extra pockets for small items too.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

Maybe it's the Chris Paul in me

It still doesn't look very manly, but not that important, I'll admit, in the grand scheme of things. I'll trade a bag roller for a 3-sec call and two "over the backs" any day
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 02:48pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
It still doesn't look very manly, but not that important, I'll admit, in the grand scheme of things. I'll trade a bag roller for a 3-sec call and two "over the backs" any day
I don't need my bag to look "manly" to validate my worth as a man. It's functional, which is my main need.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 03:24pm
Often wrong never n doubt

Quote:
I know some that see the duffle bag as not looking as professional as the rolling suitcase. Opinions vary.