The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:04pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toren View Post
I saw this documentary a few months ago called Summer Dreams. It features Lauren Holtkamp as the referee hopeful making her way into the D league. It's a fascinating look into her life.

If you want to know more about Lauren, that's a great place to start. I have no idea what Chris Paul said or didn't say. And I'm certainly not qualified to judge whether it was a good T or not. All I can say is she definitely belongs where she is and I'm happy for her. I've never met her but if I can be half the official she is, then I'm doing well.
I had the pleasure of working with her at camp last summer. She was phenomenal to work with! I'm glad to see she's doing well in her career because she's earned it.
Old Mon Feb 09, 2015, 12:14pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I just think it is idiotic to imply someone is not ready for the NBA based on one technical foul car Makes me question whether is qualified to be in a union leadership position.
I think's ridiculous to say that about any level. I'm tired of hearing officials need to get thicker skin rather than hearing that coaches and players need to behave like adults.
Old Thu Jul 19, 2018, 10:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob1968 View Post
Many years ago, a rookie ref called a foul on Michael Jordan, near the end of a close game, against the Utah Jazz. When Mr. Jordan verbally objected, with something along the lines of, "You can't call that on me!" the ref T'd him and tossed him. The Jazz won the game.
That rookie ref lost his schedule for the rest of the season, and was brought back the next season, "on probation". It was understood by the officials, and those of us who knew the background of the situation, that A) nobody comes to watch the refs, and B) nobody comes to watch the 11th or 12th player on the bench.
That's BS. The official is doing his job, and the league doesn't back him up? I get that the NBA is more entertainment than basketball, but this is low. Star or not, you should not be allowed to yell at an official and criticize his call. The official was right. How did he turn out in the end? Did the NBA fire him after his probationary period, or did he stay on and be successful? If I was a D1 assigner, I'd give this guy a job on the spot if the NBA fired him.
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 01:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
That's BS. The official is doing his job, and the league doesn't back him up? I get that the NBA is more entertainment than basketball, but this is low. Star or not, you should not be allowed to yell at an official and criticize his call. The official was right. How did he turn out in the end? Did the NBA fire him after his probationary period, or did he stay on and be successful? If I was a D1 assigner, I'd give this guy a job on the spot if the NBA fired him.
You apparently don't understand the job. That statement was not T-worthy at that level.
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 05:05am
Official Forum Member

Stop resurrecting old threads.
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 03:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Official View Post
Agreed. Especially when you then talk about it in the present tense.
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 05:17pm
Esteemed Forum Member

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming ...

Quote:
It's just like listening to the "Oldies" radio station.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 06:27pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:

Exactly. Stop. That's our official position. If something is thread-worthy now, start a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old Fri Jul 20, 2018, 07:18pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Thread Worthy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
If something is thread-worthy now, start a new one.
Good policy.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)