The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 15, 2014, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

Question? Ball in flight, same status?

A ball which is in flight retains the same status it had when last in contact with a player or the court?
Just didn't think this was a good question, when a player has the ball they have team control, when the ball is in flight, there is no team control anymore, so how can it have the same status? The answer is true. One of the 2 I missed on the test.
Old Mon Dec 15, 2014, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

I suspect that the question was referring to front court/back court/inbound status of the ball, not player/team control . . .
Old Mon Dec 15, 2014, 02:20pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jritchie View Post
A ball which is in flight retains the same status it had when last in contact with a player or the court?
Just didn't think this was a good question, when a player has the ball they have team control, when the ball is in flight, there is no team control anymore, so how can it have the same status? The answer is true. One of the 2 I missed on the test.
Flight <> "try". it could be on a pass, and TC continues.

The statement on the test is right out of 4-ball status (or something like that, maybe ball location -- I don't have my books here)
Old Tue Dec 16, 2014, 09:17am
Official Forum Member

4-4-3 . . . A ball which is in flight retains the same location as when it was last in contact with a player or the court.
Old Tue Dec 16, 2014, 10:10am
TODO: creative title here

Protip: If you get a "weird-sounding" question like this one on the NFHS test, more than likely it's a sentence or phrase lifted verbatim from the rulebook (or changed just slightly, if they want the answer to be 'false').