The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Dec 10, 2014, 04:28pm
C'mon man!!

BYU USU block charge vid request

4:45 left in second half. Looks like the L has a charge but the C is coming in with information. Again, not sure what the final call was but I have a block as it appears the defense was not standing on the RA but had heels over it.

Last edited by Sharpshooternes; Wed Dec 10, 2014 at 04:31pm.
Old Wed Dec 10, 2014, 04:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
4:45 left in second half. Looks like the L has the correct call but the C is coming in with information. Again, not sure what the final call was but I have a charge as it appears the defense was not standing on the RA but had heels over it.
Without seeing the play, heels over the RA=in the RA.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Thu Dec 11, 2014, 12:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
Without seeing the play, heels over the RA=in the RA.
The final call was a block. If someone grabs the clip stay with it long enough to get the bench conduct in reaction to it.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 12:54am
Eschew obfuscation.

I couldn't get the bench conduct reaction, but I was able to get the raw video that shows how the officials handled the situation (most of it anyways).

Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 08:40am
Courageous When Prudent

The one problem with I have with this call is that the defender WAS the primary defender. A1 was the man whom he was guarding throughout the play.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 08:41am
AremRed

RA block, good partner help and overturn. Curious why the new Lead went to the security guy and pointed someone out.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 10:56am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The one problem with I have with this call is that the defender WAS the primary defender. A1 was the man whom he was guarding throughout the play.
Excellent catch. He was the primary defender therefore the RA does not matter. I wonder how often this situation with the primary defender helping and then recovering comes into play. It would be rare for any one official to be watching these two players long enough to realize this was the case.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 10:57am
beware big brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
RA block, good partner help and overturn. Curious why the new Lead went to the security guy and pointed someone out.
As BNR pointed out, RA should not be a factor in adjudicating this play as the defender is a primary defender. Therefore, this is not good partner help and the overturn is the wrong call.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:01am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Someone threw an object onto the court. Just before the official talks to the security guy, one of the players picks it up and tosses it off the court.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:02am
beware big brother

In newest NCAA-M video John Adams calls this play a block even if you don't think defender is in the RA. He thinks the defender is still moving forward.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:05am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
GREAT PICKUP!! C was bringing info (which I don't mind) but L should have rebutted that it was a primary and still popped it. Plus the fact that he started inside the LDB means the RA is off.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:08am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRef1983 View Post
GREAT PICKUP!! C was bringing info (which I don't mind) but L should have rebutted that it was a primary and still popped it. Plus the fact that he started inside the LDB means the RA is off.
there's no LDB in NCAAM
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:17am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
there's no LDB in NCAAM
Didn't know that. Do NCAAW and thought they were the same. Always learning something new. Thanks.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 01:26pm
AremRed

I realize that the defender stepping up is the primary defender, but I don't think this should matter in this situation. Am I supposed to keep track of who is guarding who at all time??
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 01:31pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
I realize that the defender stepping up is the primary defender, but I don't think this should matter in this situation. Am I supposed to keep track of who is guarding who at all time??
Are you saying anybody who is in the RA should be a secondary defender? I'm just trying to figure out a line of delineation of when a primary defender becomes a secondary defender on the man he is guarding. If the defensive coach asks me why that wasn't the primary defender, I would not have a legitimate answer for him.