The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Dec 11, 2014, 02:19am
Official Forum Member

Utah vs BYU clip request

I was in Provo at the Utah vs BYU game tonight. The game featured several difficult calls for Reed, Irving, and Batsell. There were probably three or four difficult block/charge decisions, a controversial time-out granted decision, a clearly-missed shot clock violation (though, to be fair, the building was LOUD, but the shot probably came a full second after 0), and a clearly-missed ten seconds (ball gained front-court status with 23 on the shot clock), and a coach coming a good 25 feet on the court screaming at the officials with no T. Really a challenging game for the crew, and I think there were at least two or three big missed calls.

I don't have the times of all the big plays, but I'm gonna try to go through the game on ESPN3 to find the times for clips.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 03:39am
Official Forum Member

Alright, finally made it through the game watching bits and pieces at a time and noting all the key calls from the officials:

13:04 1st half - Shooting foul on BYU
8:18 1st half - Blocking foul no-call
8:14 1st half - Shot clock violation no-call
4:15 1st half - PC foul on Utah
16:08 2nd half - BC violation no-call
16:05 2nd half - DBI violation no-call
13:12 2nd half - OBI violation on Utah
11:51 2nd half - Blocking foul on BYU
9:47 2nd half - Blocking foul on Utah
9:45 2nd half - Traveling violation on Utah
5:22 2nd half - Blocking foul on Utah
5:10 2nd half - 10-second backcourt no-call (shot clock wasn't properly reset when Utah gained TC, so mistakes evened out here)
2:31 2nd half - Dead-ball contact technical no-call
2:08 2nd half - Shot clock reset decision/BYU coach 20+ feet outside of box on the court arguing with officials
43.6 seconds 2nd half - Holding foul on BYU

Lots of clips, I know, so if it's too much work for you guys to get all of them, I might go through and see if I can get some of them myself. Just a ton of tough calls in this intense rivalry game.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 03:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Rikardo View Post
Alright, finally made it through the game watching bits and pieces at a time and noting all the key calls from the officials:

13:04 1st half - Shooting foul on BYU
8:18 1st half - Blocking foul no-call
8:14 1st half - Shot clock violation no-call
4:15 1st half - PC foul on Utah
16:08 2nd half - BC violation no-call
16:05 2nd half - DBI violation no-call
13:12 2nd half - OBI violation on Utah
11:51 2nd half - Blocking foul on BYU
9:47 2nd half - Blocking foul on Utah
9:45 2nd half - Traveling violation on Utah
5:22 2nd half - Blocking foul on Utah
5:10 2nd half - 10-second backcourt no-call (shot clock wasn't properly reset when Utah gained TC, so mistakes evened out here)
2:31 2nd half - Dead-ball contact technical no-call
2:08 2nd half - Shot clock reset decision/BYU coach 20+ feet outside of box on the court arguing with officials
43.6 seconds 2nd half - Holding foul on BYU

Lots of clips, I know, so if it's too much work for you guys to get all of them, I might go through and see if I can get some of them myself. Just a ton of tough calls in this intense rivalry game.
While they're at it, I'd like to see clips of every call in the 2007 regional finals.

Seriously, though, pick a couple...that is a LOT to ask of a couple of guys that do this for us in their spare time....or perhaps you'd like to learn how to do it.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 07:18am
Esteemed Forum Member

Teach A Man To Fish ...

.. and he'll sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
... or perhaps you'd like to learn how to do it.
How about our expert videographers a posting video tutorial "Sticky"?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 08:29am
AremRed

Here's the video of all the plays: Utah vs. BYU -- ESPN3
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 08:56am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by AremRed View Post
Here's the video of all the plays: Utah vs. BYU -- ESPN3
I think I'll just go this route when I'm bored at some point this weekend.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 11:27am
Official Forum Member

Yeah, I'll see if I can get the plays myself when I have a couple hours to kill today.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 12:43pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
.. and he'll sit in a boat all day and drink beer.

How about our expert videographers a posting video tutorial "Sticky"?
There are several ways to grab video... Unfortunately half the battle is being able to get the game played on your computer. Some ISP's and Cable Providers don't give you that luxury.

There's a program called Synergy that people could use, but I think a conference you work in has to use it in order for you to have credentials to view games. However if you can get access to that program, you can then download almost every D-1, most D-2 and some D-3 and NAIA games across the nation (men's and women's).

If you would like tutorials on how to clip plays in general (not downloading/streaming games), I have several how-to videos for a couple of different programs that I would be more than happy to pass along!
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 12:46pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeschmit View Post
There are several ways to grab video... Unfortunately half the battle is being able to get the game played on your computer. Some ISP's and Cable Providers don't give you that luxury.

There's a program called Synergy that people could use, but I think a conference you work in has to use it in order for you to have credentials to view games. However if you can get access to that program, you can then download almost every D-1, most D-2 and some D-3 and NAIA games across the nation (men's and women's).
...!
I have 1 supervisor who uses Synergy to view his officials. We are not allowed any access to it.
Old Fri Dec 12, 2014, 01:56pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
I have 1 supervisor who uses Synergy to view his officials. We are not allowed any access to it.
Interesting. We use synergy also, and are sent an email with a password for the games we work. So we can watch only our own games, and only for a set amount of time before the password is invalid. We can clip plays and share them with others.