The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sun Oct 26, 2014, 04:38pm
Official Forum Member

i like

I bought one of the new shirts with the printed patch and flag and I really like it. I haven't seen any fading yet but it only has been worn and washed a few times.
Old Sat Sep 12, 2015, 09:30pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
There is no reason to not dry them
There's no reason TO put them in the dryer. They dry hanging almost as fast as they do in the dryer. A heated dryer lessens the usable life of virtually all clothing, ESPECIALLY synthetic fabrics.
Old Sat Sep 12, 2015, 10:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
Is this any different than a state saying which ball must be used in a state? Is it any different than requiring certain procedures to be followed with eligibility of players? Is it any different than what a state might require for what kind of procedure is followed player uniforms? If you live in a state that has none of these requirements, that is great. But I do not see why this is any different than any requirement. I also agree that wearing a state patch does not mean you are licensed. But when you do not wear one, it is certainly noticed, even for us when it is not a sanctioned state game.

Peace
No, no difference and all for the same reason. Money. Or to be more clear, separating you from your money. For example, our state association came out with an authorized vendor a few years back. The very next year they made the wide stripes mandatory for football. Mass purchase from the only authorized vendor resulted in $77 + s&h football shirt. Next year, new sole authorized vendor and magically the state logo changed to acknowledge their 50 year anniversary. Result was new shirt purchase from new vendor. Everything is about money or more accurately, separating you from your money.
Old Sat Sep 12, 2015, 11:18pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Shirts with Pre-Printed Flag

We still have no patches here. And we went to wide stripes for football, but we can buy from anyone. (Wide stripes are optional. Our crew adopted them Day 1. More have this year.)
Old Sun Sep 13, 2015, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
We still have no patches here. And we went to wide stripes for football, but we can buy from anyone. (Wide stripes are optional. Our crew adopted them Day 1. More have this year.)
In AZ our shirts look like a rider in Tour de France and changes routinely with high bidder in vendor contest. I'm on my 3rd wife stripe shirt this year already for FB.
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 05:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
Has anyone purchased one of these shirts with the flag imprinted on the shirt?

Purchase Officials Supplies - Smitty MADE IN THE USA Dye Sublimated Shirt

I have always sewed on a patch. I am concerned that the painted one will look cheap and fade over the course of a season. That plus they are like $10 more than a regular shirt. They seem new, so not much in the way of reviews out there. Can anyone share their experience?
I bought 3 of the dye sublimated basketball shirts prior to last season and wore then throughout the season and through this past summer and they look the same as the day I bought them.
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 08:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor View Post
and changes routinely with high bidder in vendor contest. I'm on my 3rd wife
If you're getting your wife from a vendor, I think I see the problem.
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 10:15am
Official Fiveum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I'd like to see that vendor's catalog.
Old Mon Sep 14, 2015, 08:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
That's obviously a typo. I could never afford 3 wives. Heck, I can't even afford the 1 I got.
Old Tue Sep 15, 2015, 12:42pm
Official Forum Member

WA State switched to the new style of shirt with the sublimated State patch and US Flag last year for Football and Basketball (and possibly other sports). The shirts were not manditory last year unless you worked the post season. This year they are required in all varsity level games.

Having had the shirt now for one full year I can say they appear to stand up to the usage as well as other shirts. It is a pain to remember to not dry them in the dryer, and my shirts have gone that route a few times. The patch and the flag seem to be holding up just fine.