The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Aug 27, 2003, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

For those of you that have relocated, did you write a letter to the area athletic directors telling them of your officiating experience and general availability? If so, could you make it available to me?

I'm moving to Missouri soon where it's fend for yourself as far as scheduling games.

Thanks!

[email protected]
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Wed Aug 27, 2003, 11:04am
Official Forum Member

Whistleone, to what part of Missouri are you relocating . I am in St. Louis and may be able to help.

CK
Old Wed Aug 27, 2003, 11:33am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CK
Whistleone, to what part of Missouri are you relocating . I am in St. Louis and may be able to help.

CK
I'm moving to Cape Girardeau.
a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented."
Arnold Palmer
Old Wed Aug 27, 2003, 12:47pm
Do not give a damn!!

Local Associations over ADs.

Quote:
Originally posted by whistleone
For those of you that have relocated, did you write a letter to the area athletic directors telling them of your officiating experience and general availability? If so, could you make it available to me?
When I relocated, I called several local Official's Associations and local assignors first. Where I was going the ADs had nothing to do with the assignments. And I have a good friend that moved to Missouri and they had assignors through local associations. So contact the local associations as well, they can tell you what you need to do.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 29, 2003, 11:59pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Tim Roden
I wrote an entire article for officiating.com on the subject. dec 3, 2001.

http://basketball.officiating.com/x/article/2207

yes. get a letter but then find out who you have to go through to get the games. Send letters as soon as possible so they can have to to review your resume.
Old Sat Aug 30, 2003, 09:23am
Official Forum Member

Re: Local Associations over ADs.

Quote:
Originally posted by JRutledge
When I relocated, I called several local Official's Associations and local assignors first. Where I was going the ADs had nothing to do with the assignments. And I have a good friend that moved to Missouri and they had assignors through local associations. So contact the local associations as well, they can tell you what you need to do.
Jeff, read the post.

Quote:
I'm moving to Missouri soon where it's fend for yourself as far as scheduling games.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith
Old Sat Aug 30, 2003, 10:15pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb You do not live next to Missouri.

Tony,

I did read the post. I was just giving him other ideas of what to think about when he moves to this area. And also I know that Missouri does not have the same assigning procedures all over the state. So depending on where he is moving to, he will have assignors to deal with.

BTW, I live in a state where officials cross the boarder all the time (I know them personally) in Missouri. So I think I answered the question the way I wanted to, thank you very much.

Peace
Old Sat Aug 30, 2003, 11:10pm
Official Forum Member

Seems to me that the gentleman has already checked it out and determined that he has to find his own games. No reason to doubt him.

Old Sat Aug 30, 2003, 11:36pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Not so fast........

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Seems to me that the gentleman has already checked it out and determined that he has to find his own games. No reason to doubt him.
Considering that he did not list the exact area that he relocated to, it really is hard to tell either way. But for the record, Missouri is not the same across the board. Some areas have assignors, many others areas do not (not that far off from Illinois). I have a close friend that lives close to the St. Louis area. According to my friend, he has to deal with an Officiating Board in order to work basketball games. This official was on my very first football crew, I worked basketball and baseball with him as a rookie official (he had more experience than I do in officiating overall). I know him well and we talked extensively about this. He might easily run into a school that he thinks assigns their own games, but they use a board or an assignor to get officials.

Peace
Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 01:26pm
Official Forum Member

Good grief.

Quote:
Considering that he did not list the exact area that he relocated to, it really is hard to tell either way.
Once again, re-read the post.

Quote:

Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 02:40pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Tony, I thought you'd retired from this battle. I tried it for a while, but I'm done with it.
Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 03:37pm
Official Forum Member

Just calling the obvious.

Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Just calling the obvious.
That didn't help me. . .
Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 03:56pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb You are right, Good freakin Greef!!!!!

Tony,

Stick to North Carolina and what they do there. You probably have no comprehension on where Cape Girardeau is in relation to anything to in Missouri (I have a very close friend that grew up there). And I can take a wild guess that you have never lived in a place that gave daily Missouri scores, like myself and know officials that actually officate in Missouri. Better yet, I have officiate a game in Missouri myself and have officiated a couple of teams in the State of Illinois that were from Missouri, have you? We know your answer to these questions.

If whistleone had any problem or questions of what I said, I think he can come here and take exception to what I told him. I did not tell him what to do, I gave a suggestion. Stick to Tabacco Road, I will continue to comment on the Mark Twain area, considering that I went to Private school in Missouri and have officiated there. Two things I know you have not done. When you get copies from MMA or can tell me about your experience in the Missouri Districts, then come here and tell me what he and anyone from that area meant. Until that time, stick to Tabacco Road. I do not come here and tell you how wrong you are because I know a few people that officiated in North Carolina that live in the Chicago area do I? When I come here telling you what I know about North Carolina and the officiating there, then you can comment about what you think I know or do not know about officiating in that state. But stick to your region of the plant.

Peace
Old Sun Aug 31, 2003, 04:41pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Good grief.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rut
Tony,

Stick to North Carolina and what they do there. You probably have no comprehension on where Cape Girardeau is in relation to anything to in Missouri (I have a very close friend that grew up there).
Hee hee! This is really classic. Rut, the above comment is relevant because. . .? All Tony pointed out was that you claimed that whistleone never said where he was relocating, when in fact, he said exactly where he was relocating. So instead of saying, "Oops, you got me. I guess I missed that line" you try to say Tony doesn't know anything about Missouri. Classic. Really. That's right out of Rut 101. Beautiful. (Can you say ad hominem?)

Quote:
Quote:
Considering that he did not list the exact area that he relocated to, it really is hard to tell either way.
Once again, re-read the post.

Quote: