Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 01:45am
AremRed

Three plays

Play 1:

Play 2:

Play 3:

Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 04:43am
This IS My Social Life

1. Simultaneous foul, 4-19-10 (looked like white pushes blue underneath at same time that blue outside displaces white player backwards, tho I cant tell who he called the foul on...false multiple foul, 4-19-12, if on white player outside. Not multiple foul cuz same opponent was not fouled by two opponents.)
2. Continuous motion, 4-11-3, ball in flight so count the basket
3. Two man crew should not have remained in the hornets nest--get back and let game mgt take care of it. Nobody stayed with visual contact with benches taking numbers? Looked like some down-talking going on there in the corner. My take.

Last edited by Freddy; Fri Aug 01, 2014 at 06:49am.
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 07:57am
Courageous When Prudent

Play 3: props to the cheerleaders for getting Blue players away from White's bench.
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 09:01am
Official Forum Member

Play 3: Heavy-set guy that walks on the floor near the end of the clip...Rob Ryan (D Coordinator of NOLA Saints) moon-lighting?
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 09:46am
Do not give a damn!!

#1: Looks like the play near the basket happened first. Not really simultaneous to me, but it certainly is close. Just communicate and decide what to do is fine with me. Either way I am good with their call. It is that close.

#2: Basket should count. The ball was out of the hand of the shooter when contact took place IMO.

#3: It looks like the entire benches cleared. I cannot see how anyone would be left. But as stated, the officials were in the middle of all of this, not sure how they would know who was able to stay in the game. Lesson learned for sure. Fights are not fun, as I experienced this past season. Hard to be too judgmental.

Peace
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 10:01am
Esteemed Participant

Play 3: the fight took place after the final horn sounded. So there is no worrying about who gets to stay in the game. I would imagine both schools had to bring up a number of JV players for their next Varsity game, though.

Also - what the heck was the PC foul called right at the beginning of clip 3? Good grief...

Play 2: basket should count. Ball was out of shooters' hand prior to foul.

Play 1: Yuck. Thinking that in real time I would want to get with partner and determine which came first.
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Play #3 was from one of the schools in our association. You can see coach for the blue team causing some issues towards refs at end of video.

He is no longer coaching...
Old Fri Aug 01, 2014, 03:32pm
Statistician/Ref Hybrid

#1: It looks like the foul on Blue #42 is whistled first. If that's the case, the foul by White #2 would be ignored unless it was flagrant.

That said, the officials should get together to see if they can decide which foul came first. If they can't decide, a simultaneous foul would seem to be the appropriate call. (I don't know why the video asks about a multiple foul since this play is not the definition of one).

#2: I agree with those who say the shot is airborne when the foul occurs. Count the basket and administer the foul. I had three similar plays happen to me this past season.

#3: Yuck. With both officials together at the end, they definitely have no idea who left the bench, etc. From what I could tell from the video, it looks like everyone but #12 white is involved in the post-game tussle. So, I'd say toss everyone, but him.

I'm not sure what triggered the PC foul at the beginning of the clip. The camera doesn't show what happened to warrant the foul call.

The center of attention as the lead & trail. – me
Games officiated: 525 Basketball · 76 Softball · 16 Baseball

Last edited by Stat-Man; Sat Aug 02, 2014 at 11:29am.
Old Sat Aug 02, 2014, 11:16am
Official Forum Member

Play #1: Call one or the other. C and L should get together and decide which happened first because they weren't simultaneous. C's arm went up first so I'd give him right of way.

Play #2: Yes. The ball left the shooter's hands before the foul by White.

Play #3: Give Blue #5 a Flagrant Technical then get out of Dodge, let GM sift through the post-game mess on the court and let the league higher-ups look through the video to decide if anyone else needs to be punished.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)