The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:02pm
Go Blue

Pulling Down Shorts

On the heels of the pulling of the shoelace thread.

I am lead, the ball is in my area, in and out of the paint. V2 kept doing something, but have not been catch him. I call a nonshooting foul (not V2), report it to the table and as I was moving, H coach yells watch #2, he is playing dirty. I take my position as the new trail. V2 in 10 feet in front of me near the free throw line. He has his back to me, bent over at the waist. Just as my partner was to administer the throe in, V2 grabs the bottom of the shorts and pulls down, it went down 3-4 inches. Tweet, 'T'. The V coach wants an explanation, I told him his player grab the opponents shorts and pulled them down, he said how is that a 'T', I told him unsportsmanlike act, he said it has to be intentional, I said he intentionally grab the shorts and pulled them down. I did not realize until later I think he was asking for an intentional foul. This was not pulling on the jersey to prevent separation, this was dead ball act to distract his opponent.

On a side note, this was a competitive game for 3 quarters, going back and forth. V had a 6 point lead after 3, after the first 3 minutes, it was a 30 point lead. I never had a game go so bad so fast, The V's just starting hitting 3's like crazy and the home team just could not get the ball past half court.
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 12:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treeguy View Post
On the heels of the pulling of the shoelace thread.

I am lead, the ball is in my area, in and out of the paint. V2 kept doing something, but have not been catch him. I call a nonshooting foul (not V2), report it to the table and as I was moving, H coach yells watch #2, he is playing dirty. I take my position as the new trail. V2 in 10 feet in front of me near the free throw line. He has his back to me, bent over at the waist. Just as my partner was to administer the throe in, V2 grabs the bottom of the shorts and pulls down, it went down 3-4 inches. Tweet, 'T'. The V coach wants an explanation, I told him his player grab the opponents shorts and pulled them down, he said how is that a 'T', I told him unsportsmanlike act, he said it has to be intentional, I said he intentionally grab the shorts and pulled them down. I did not realize until later I think he was asking for an intentional foul. This was not pulling on the jersey to prevent separation, this was dead ball act to distract his opponent.

On a side note, this was a competitive game for 3 quarters, going back and forth. V had a 6 point lead after 3, after the first 3 minutes, it was a 30 point lead. I never had a game go so bad so fast, The V's just starting hitting 3's like crazy and the home team just could not get the ball past half court.
Deadball contact is a T. Intentional would be for live ball contact. But, live or dead, I'm calling this unsporting behavior and T'ing the player.
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:09pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Pulling an opponent's pants down, I'd be hard pressed not to go flagrant.
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Depends on the 6 inch rule. Was the pants pulled down further than 6"
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Especially if it was a girl!!
Old Mon Jan 20, 2014, 01:54pm
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
+1 I have no problem calling this "unacceptable conduct."

Lonesome Dove