The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Sep 18, 2018, 03:38pm
Official Forum Member

Why did I know who revisited this thread four years later before even opening it up...

Let me guess, it the referee who wants to work for Cardinal, Board 12, Que'z and MBOA....you do realize by working for every group in and around the district that all of your assigners will view you as a "secondary" official. You live in the county with best hs league in the country ( WCAC ). 10 years from now when you can't sniff the DeMatha / Gonzaga game because your assigner doesn't consider you loyal to Brd. 12 don't say we didn't tell you so.....
Old Tue Sep 18, 2018, 04:03pm
Official Forum Member

Back in the day, I got nothing from Board 12. I don't know how things will change now with new leadership there, but loyalty only goes so far. I can't be loyal to an organization that has done next to nothing for me.

Raymond works for multiple high school and college assigners, so why are you saying that I am wrong to do the same, if only at just the high school level? If I find one board that I can shine for and that treats me well, maybe I'll limit myself to that board, and another to have games from on off days, but until then, I need to check out my options. That is what being an independent contractor is about. I am not an employee of Board 12, and am thus not beholden to any non-compete clauses, implicit or explicit.

I know another guy who works in multiple IAABO boards in the State of MD, yet he receives varsity (including WCAC) assignments in both, and other MD/DC/VA dual board members. Dual/multiple board member does not mean disloyal to a specific board. If I get DeMatha-Gonzaga, fine. If not, that's OK too. Maybe I might get a DCSAA championship game, a VHSL state championship game, or an MPSAA championship game at Towson or College Park instead. Heck, I might be working on TV within the next 15 years.

Back to the original topic, I think that the officials should get together after the last second shot went in. If I was U2 on that crew, I would have told the OTO that 0.4 or more is required for catch and shoot, but the shot could not count because we only had 0.2 remaining. Perhaps this situation is why Scott Bach-Hansen put in the training video on last-second shots that the crew MUST get together after last-second shots to get the play right. If you are a Cardinal member also, you might know the video that I am talking about. If not, find Scott Bach-Hansen on YouTube. One of his videos discusses last-second shots, among other topics.
Old Tue Sep 18, 2018, 07:30pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilyazhito View Post
The clock operator is also an official, and is the alternate should one of the 3 floor officials be unable to continue. Therefore, the clock operator also wears a uniform, including the striped shirt. That is why the article author noted that there were 4 men in stripes.
The next time a thread > 90 days dormant is bumped up by you, I'm going to suspend you from the group. Stop it, already.
Closed Thread