The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 06:03pm
Ok is the new good

Was Shot Good?

1) I am the C and A1 drives to the hoop and collides with B1 and I call a block. Shot went up. As the C I was focused on my collision and did not see the ball go thru hoop. Asked for help from other 2 partners and neither one saw the shot go in. Coach goes nuts and sez all whole gym saw in go in..

Question: should the Trial have watched to see if basket was good?

BTW..we asked the scorers table and the table crew confirmed it was good.

Thoughts on how this should be handled..thanks

Last edited by The_Rookie; Sat Jun 29, 2013 at 06:11pm.
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 06:57pm
AremRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post
1) I am the C and A1 drives to the hoop and collides with B1 and I call a block. Shot went up. As the C I was focused on my collision and did not see the ball go thru hoop. Asked for help from other 2 partners and neither one saw the shot go in. Coach goes nuts and sez all whole gym saw in go in..

If you as the C somehow missed it, the T should know if the ball went in. The L may know, but should not be looking up there to check. Asking the table is a last resort, but I have been told by veterans to do that, and I think what you did was correct.

PS: How did your 3-man experience go?
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 07:34pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Non calling official should look to confirm shot's success. Coach needs to not go berserk, regardless.
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 10:17pm
Ok is the new good

PS: How did your 3-man experience go?[/QUOTE]

Of Course needs lots of work since use it only for camp and local clinic once per year...Rotations were good..switches inconsistent...Its was a hard fought buzzer beater game between to local rivalry schools..I will sleep good tonight
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 10:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rookie View Post

Everyone should have some idea. But I think the Trail has to help out on a play they did not call if the ball went in. And all those partners should say is, "The ball went in." They should not be ruling the counting or not counting of a shot on a foul. Let the calling official make that ultimate determination.

Peace
Old Sat Jun 29, 2013, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

I agree with JRut...all "off" officials should have an idea whether the ball went into the basket or not.

Imagine the situation where two officials both have a whistle...foul vs. violation. They can get so involved in the fact that they both have a whistle and will have to come together that they forget to see if the ball went in. The 3rd official is going to have to give this information if they go with the foul instead of the violation.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.