The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Apr 16, 2013, 01:16pm
Official Forum Member

Cliff Keen/Smitty Comparison

Has anyone here (I'm guessing yes) worn both the Cliff Keen Ultra-Mesh and the Smitty Elite?

I like the Keens, but am ordering a new shirt and was just going to have the flag pre-sewn if the Smittys feel about the same. Thanks for the help!
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 12:11pm
Huck Finn

Southern Nevada is about to do the do...1) put the state association patch on shirts and 2) go to the wide stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am more opposed to the patch. I guess in this case it is more of a logo since it will be printed/integrated into the shirt just like the stripes.

Sorry if I jacked your thread.
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 12:41pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
Southern Nevada is about to do the do...1) put the state association patch on shirts and 2) go to the wide stripes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, I am more opposed to the patch. I guess in this case it is more of a logo since it will be printed/integrated into the shirt just like the stripes.

And another state/area gets roped into an exclusive vendor arrangement that makes things worse for everyone. Sad.
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 12:42pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post

Not much different than CO using the IAABO patch/logo, which is exclusively provided by Honig's. The more I think about it, the more I'm going to only wear patched shirts when required; so as to go through the cheaper shirts faster.
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 03:14pm
Archaic Power Monger

The Smitty shirts are like the Ump Attire Ultimate shirts in that they aren't mesh but a closed performance fabric that wicks the sweat away. They have a silky type finish. I have the Ultimate shirts and like them very much. I won't ever go back to any kind of mesh shirt again.
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 03:41pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
The Smitty shirts are like the Ump Attire Ultimate shirts in that they aren't mesh but a closed performance fabric that wicks the sweat away. They have a silky type finish. I have the Ultimate shirts and like them very much. I won't ever go back to any kind of mesh shirt again.
Thanx for the good description you gave. I got a similar non-mesh shirt from Officials' Choice -- my favorite shirt type -- but don't see them offered in my size (they seem only to post on their website extra large sizes and wide-panel shirts, almost as if all they have are closeout specials or something). Knowing the same kind of shirt is available from Smitty's or Ump Attire makes it handy for me.
Thanx!
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 04:37pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Are those the same as the Honigs Ultra-Tech?
Old Fri Apr 19, 2013, 05:17pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I have one of those, decided to try it since it was called "Elite" figuring that it might be better. I do NOT like them. I prefer the mesh (it doesn't look mesh like, however, like the older mesh shirts).

Elite, Silky: Purchase Officials Supplies - Smitty Elite V-Neck

Regular, "Mesh". Purchase Officials Supplies - Smitty Mesh V-Neck

Both are wicking fabrics but I think the mesh version does a lot better job of wicking. In the elite, I come out feeling like someone just dumped a bucket of water on my shirt. The mesh, while still wet, seems to wick away and evaporate a lot more sweat (or perhaps I don't sweat as much in one).

Last edited by Camron Rust; Sat Apr 20, 2013 at 01:15pm.
Old Sat Apr 20, 2013, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
I have one of those, decided to try it since it was called "Elite" figuring that it might be better. I do NOT like them. I prefer the mesh (it doesn't look mesh like, however like the older mesh shirts).

Elite, Silky: Purchase Officials Supplies - Smitty Elite V-Neck

Regular, "Mesh". Purchase Officials Supplies - Smitty Mesh V-Neck

Both are wicking fabrics but I think the mesh version does a lot better job of wicking. In the elite, I come out feeling like someone just dumped a bucket of water on my shirt. The mesh, while still wet, seems to wick away and evaporate a lot more sweat (or perhaps I don't sweat as much in one).
I feel the same way - I thought the Smitty Elite shirts felt heavy & did not allow my body to breathe like the micromesh shirts do.
Old Mon Apr 22, 2013, 06:50am
Archaic Power Monger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Are those the same as the Honigs Ultra-Tech?
Yes, I believe so.