The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Indy_Ref
Question

I would like a little help...it's time to buy new equipment for the upcoming season and I please need some feedback so I can decide and have this behind me! I've been mulling over this for TOO long!

Does anyone own/wear the new Cliff Keen pleated pant? If so, do you like them? Why or why not? Do they run a small, big, or just about right? (All my work pants are 33's. I have been wearing Haggar slacks for the court, and they run small. Therefore, I need a 34 waist for that brand.)

Are Sansabelts really the best in terms of referee pants? Do they run small, big, or just about right?

Does anyone wear the McDavid V-Necked striped referee shirt with HDC to take moisture to the outside of the shirt? I wear the Bristol V-Neck and am looking at other possible options.

I'd appreciate any help!
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 02:45pm
Official Forum Member

CK Pants

I bought the CK Pleated pants last year. Don't like them compared to Sansabelt. It's not the fit or anything, it's just that I fold them and carry them in a duffel bag. They don't look good when you put them on. The Sansabelts are great. I take them off the hanger, fold them and put them in my bag. When I take them out, they look fine. The CK is a different material than the poly sansabelt pants and to me it doesn't hold up as well.

Mregor

Shirts I prefer the Majestic if you wear an undershirt. (McDavid Intera v-neck undershirt). I like the attachment for the laynard on the Majestic more that the standard loop. The CK poly/cotton are nice without an undershirt. They tend to pill a little but if you turn then inside out when you wash them, it's negligible. I have wanted to try the POS+ Intera V'Neck but they've always been out when I wanted to order.

[Edited by Mregor on Oct 8th, 2003 at 02:48 PM]
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 03:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: CK Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Mregor
I bought the CK Pleated pants last year. Don't like them compared to Sansabelt. It's not the fit or anything, it's just that I fold them and carry them in a duffel bag. They don't look good when you put them on. The Sansabelts are great. I take them off the hanger, fold them and put them in my bag. When I take them out, they look fine. The CK is a different material than the poly sansabelt pants and to me it doesn't hold up as well.
I've been wondering the same thing, thanks for the good review! I have enough trouble unwrinkling my jacket when I pull it out of my bag, who needs wrinkly pants?
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 03:10pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: Re: CK Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan_ref
Quote:
I've been wondering the same thing, thanks for the good review! I have enough trouble unwrinkling my jacket when I pull it out of my bag, who needs wrinkly pants?
You guys don't use a garment bag?!? (no kidding -- I thought all varsity folks used garment bags!)
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 03:21pm
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb Sansabelt are the best.

I do not like the CK pants as much as the Sansabelt pants. I think the CK pants are made a little thin (fabric, not size). The Sansabelt type does not wrinkle as easily in my opinion. They are not bad pants, but if would rather put some more money and by the Sansabelt pants.

And no Juulie, all varsity officials do not use garment bags. I used one for a long time, but I hated carrying two bags.

Peace
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 03:25pm
Official Forum Member

got my answer...

I got my answer on the CK pants...now what about the McDavid V-Neck and the fit of the Sansabelt's?

Do the Sansabelt's run big, small, or about right?

Anyone wear the McDavid V-Neck?

This input has been very valuable! Thank you so much. I knew I could count on you guys/gals.
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 03:27pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Re: Re: Re: CK Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
You guys don't use a garment bag?!? (no kidding -- I thought all varsity folks used garment bags!)
Some folks use garment bags, some folks use those wheely luggage thinhgs, I use a nice big gym bag.
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Re: got my answer...

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
Do the Sansabelt's run big, small, or about right?

Anyone wear the McDavid V-Neck?
Haven't tried Sansabelt pants.

I love the InterraWear striped shirt -- NO UNDERSHIRT! Works great. Haven't tried McDavid.
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 05:46pm
Official Forum Member

Love the McDavid

I have worn the McDavid Shirts (two) for the past two seasons (at least 100 games/season) and they still appear like new. IMHO they are constructed considerably better than the Majestic shirts that I started my officiating career with.

Additionally, the McDavid fits better and feels cooler. I
Old Wed Oct 08, 2003, 07:37pm
Official Forum Member

JMHO.. but the best of everything comes from Honigs. Well, just about the best. I buy women's pleated sansabelt pants from Purchse Officials.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 12:30am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to refgatormaz
Wink Sansabelts are tweeners

Nice pant, hold up well, yada yada.
I normally wear 36 but bought the 38 and they are slightly big. The 36 fit ok, but since your going to be running Id go a size bigger unless you like a snug fit, which I really dont care for (I like a little bit of breathing room). Definitely worth the price!

hope this helps

gatormaz
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 05:33am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: CK Pants

Quote:
Originally posted by rainmaker
Quote:
Quote:
Nope, I use one of the rolling bags (like the flight attendants use) with the zipper that runs around 3/4 of the bag.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 10:19am
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up And...so....summing up...

Let me get this straight:

1.) CK pants are out...and I don't particularly like my CK shirt either. I only have one and it's used exclusively for summer AAU ball.

2.) Sansabelt pants are good...and they run about right(?)--(considering refgatormaz's comments and I wear a 33, I think I should probably get size 34?)

3.) McDavid V-Neck is in...but is it better than my Bristol V-Neck? My Bristol usually lasts from one to three seasons depending on when the lanyard loop breaks...which can be too soon!

4.) InterraWear is also pretty good...but is it better than my Bristol?

5.) What about +Pos slacks? Any comments about +Pos slacks?

6.) And, do the Sansabelt pleats fit the same as the Sansabelt flats...in the same size, of course?
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 10:25am
In Memoriam

Quote:

3.) McDavid V-Neck is in...but is it better than my Bristol V-Neck? My Bristol usually lasts from one to three seasons depending on when the lanyard loop breaks...which can be too soon!

Get your wife to sew in another loop.Or if she doesn't do manual labor,just put a small safety pin on the inside at the bottom of the V,and hang your Smitty from that. Still good enough to use for rec games,for sure.

No,Manual Labor is not a Mexican basketball referee.
Old Thu Oct 09, 2003, 01:37pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Luv4Asian8 Send a message via Yahoo to Luv4Asian8
Thumbs up

Quote:
Are Sansabelts really the best in terms of referee pants? Do they run small, big, or just about right?

Does anyone wear the McDavid V-Necked striped referee shirt with HDC to take moisture to the outside of the shirt? I wear the Bristol V-Neck and am looking at other possible options.

I'd appreciate any help!
Yes, I went straight for the best when buying my initial set of equip! Sansabelt is very comfortable, wrinkle-free and very professional! just make sure you have compression shorts on instead of a jocky...the combination with sweat would definitely itch your posterior (by experience!) hehe...as for perspiration I like the UnderArmour line, just ordered their white v-neck undershirts, which accents the stripes really well while keepin' ya kewl!!

Hope this helps!