The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Baseball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Thu Jan 22, 2009, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

Cliff Keen MXS

I'm looking to unload 5 (navy,polo,cream,light blue,black) XXL Cliff Keen MXS shirts,worn once last season anyone interested pm me
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 02:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTick48 View Post
I'm looking to unload 5 (navy,polo,cream,light blue,black) XXL Cliff Keen MXS shirts,worn once last season anyone interested pm me
I'm not in the market right now (I have a long way to go for XXL to fit), but I'm curious as to why you're dumping them? From what I've seen and read about them, they are most excellent umpire shirts. If it's NOMB, just tell me and I'll go away.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 02:28am
Official Forum Member

I made the mistake of buying two black Cliff Keen shirts from Gerry Davis, because the Official's Choice changed theirs and now they're non-standard. I bought the $26.00 Gerry Davis Signature Cliff Keens, because I thought that they would be lighter weight and better for warmer climes. This fabric is so thick and stiff and scratchy and the workmanship on the collar is so poor that it is astonishing. I can't even wear this fabric. It's awful. I had also heard that they were good shirts. If I can get rid of these I will never go near them again. Haven't tried the MXS, but if they're put out by Cliff Keen ...

Last edited by Kevin Finnerty; Sun Jan 25, 2009 at 02:31am.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 02:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I made the mistake of buying two black Cliff Keen shirts from Gerry Davis, because the Official's Choice changed theirs and now they're non-standard. I bought the $26.00 Gerry Davis Signature Cliff Keens, because I thought that they would be lighter weight and better for warmer climes. This fabric is so thick and stiff and scratchy and the workmanship on the collar is so poor that it is astonishing. I can't even wear this fabric. It's awful. I had also heard that they were good shirts. If I can get rid of these I will never go near them again. Haven't tried the MXS, but if they're put out by Cliff Keen ...
The signature shirts are a cheap shirt. The MXS are supposed to be the best looking, best feeling ultra mesh shirts available, according to testing. Davis claims unanimous positive feedback. I like Cliff Keen's shirts usually. I've had no problems. I've had the black, cream, and polo blue w/black trim in the regular stretchy fabric. They felt great to me.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 07:21am
Official Forum Member

Mxs

I love the shirts,I got them last year.The old style in xl keep coming untucked.When the MXS came out i ordered xxl and they are to big.They are like the loose fit ua shirts and they are really cool.I've reloaded my hangers with xl and I'm wanting to get a little of my money back on these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
I'm not in the market right now (I have a long way to go for XXL to fit), but I'm curious as to why you're dumping them? From what I've seen and read about them, they are most excellent umpire shirts. If it's NOMB, just tell me and I'll go away.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 11:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
The signature shirts are a cheap shirt. The MXS are supposed to be the best looking, best feeling ultra mesh shirts available, according to testing. Davis claims unanimous positive feedback. I like Cliff Keen's shirts usually. I've had no problems. I've had the black, cream, and polo blue w/black trim in the regular stretchy fabric. They felt great to me.
I will never buy, endorse or accept a product from a company that puts out the shirt that I just got stuck with. They must be kidding. They can't even be worn; they're that bad. And for $26, they should be usable, at least. Remarkable.

Why is it that this industry has so many examples of overpriced, ill-fitting, unacceptable crap? It's amazing.
Old Sun Jan 25, 2009, 09:51pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
I will never buy, endorse or accept a product from a company that puts out the shirt that I just got stuck with. They must be kidding. They can't even be worn; they're that bad. And for $26, they should be usable, at least. Remarkable.

Why is it that this industry has so many examples of overpriced, ill-fitting, unacceptable crap? It's amazing.
I don't let one bad product, even from the same manufacturer, determine that the entire company is bad. While CK makes some good shirts, the model you bought is apparently a dud. I won't waste my money on them then in that case. I was planning on getting the MXS anyway because they are supposed to be very cool, which as you know out here is very important.

Overall, I like Gerry Davis Sports products, especially their pants, so I'm sure I'll be getting at least some of my gear/attire from them when the time comes.
Old Mon Jan 26, 2009, 12:57am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
I don't let one bad product, even from the same manufacturer, determine that the entire company is bad. While CK makes some good shirts, the model you bought is apparently a dud. I won't waste my money on them then in that case. I was planning on getting the MXS anyway because they are supposed to be very cool, which as you know out here is very important.

Overall, I like Gerry Davis Sports products, especially their pants, so I'm sure I'll be getting at least some of my gear/attire from them when the time comes.
I bought the GD one because I thought that it was the lighter, cooler one.

I do like the GD pants a hell of a lot. They look good and they hold up well and they are extremely comfortable.