Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 22, 2013, 07:01pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Liar, Liar ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
What a bunch of nonsense.
Although I don't consider this (below) nonsense, I do admit that it's pretty far fetched:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post
Let's say that after questioning both the player, and the coach, about the tape, the official still insists that the player pull off the tape, and there's no earing, just a cut. Now the official has just, in essence, accused two people of being liars, incorrectly, for no reason. Again, not the way I want to start my game..
This (below), however, is not nonsense, its what's really going to happen:

Quote:
Or, let's say that after questioning both the player, and the coach, about the tape, the official still insists that the player pull off the tape, and there is an earing, proving that both the player, and the coach, are, indeed, liars. They've been exposed for what they really are, liars, and also, they're embarrassed liars. Again, not the way I want to start my game.
And exactly what part of this (below) is nonsense?

Quote:
I expect officials to do what is the expected standard in their little corner of their state ... if asking players to remove tape is the excepted standard in an association, then that's the way you have to do it. I have no problem with that.
People don't take kindly to being accused of as being liars here in New England. And we don't accuse people of being liars, unless we're 100% certain that they really are, or have shown a propensity of lying in the past. Players may lie, they're just kids, but coaches around here are usually pretty ethical educators.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Mar 22, 2013 at 07:15pm.
Old Fri May 03, 2013, 01:41am
AremRed

Tonight I had a similar situation to the one that started this thread. Player A1 had earrings on, I told the coach he can't play with them on. Coach says "oh he just got them and he'll just tape over them". I didn't respond but just waited and a few seconds later he was telling his player to take them out. I learned silence can be powerful in the right situation. I was prepared to come back with "well the holes will not close up that fast", but didn't need to say anything. I drew the line and the coach just needed some time to realize it. Thanks Forum!