The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

IMO - this is an obvious F1. First, Kaufisi is a football player. Second, after the hard foul, him standing over Olynyk and clearly saying something (probably not in the spirit of sportsmanship) would seal the deal.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:29am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
So we are saying a team would have to get for a warning for: A) Huddling in the key, B)reaching through the plane and C)interfering with the ball after a made basket. Then if they committed the same type of act, A, B or C they would then be assessed a technical? Thus we would be issuing 3 separate warnings.

I only do HS, under NFHS, which I feel one warning would suffice for all 3 acts and a subsequent occurrence would result in a T Foul. Right?

FYI... the BYU player penalized was a member of the BYU football team last fall. Plays Defensive End and he should be a good one, maybe even play on Sunday. He is aggressive. I did him in HS basketball his So and Jr years, he didn't play BB his senior as he tore an ACL in Football, so this year is his first basketball in about 4 years as he did the Mormon mission thing for 2 years. He has a decision to make as BYU starts Spring Drills on Monday. Football or Basketball???

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:41am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by agr8zebra View Post
So we are saying a team would have to get for a warning for: A) Huddling in the key, B)reaching through the plane and C)interfering with the ball after a made basket. Then if they committed the same type of act, A, B or C they would then be assessed a technical? Thus we would be issuing 3 separate warnings.

I only do HS, under NFHS, which I feel one warning would suffice for all 3 acts and a subsequent occurrence would result in a T Foul. Right?
Your missing a 4th, "water on the court after a time-out".

And yes, they are all separate for NCAA.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio View Post
IMO - this is an obvious F1. First, Kaufisi is a football player. Second, after the hard foul, him standing over Olynyk and clearly saying something (probably not in the spirit of sportsmanship) would seal the deal.
So?

I don't think this warranted a FF1.

The DOG warning I can live with, but I'm not sure it really was.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:51am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agr8zebra View Post

FYI... the BYU player penalized was a member of the BYU football team last fall. Plays Defensive End and he should be a good one, maybe even play on Sunday. He is aggressive. I did him in HS basketball his So and Jr years, he didn't play BB his senior as he tore an ACL in Football, so this year is his first basketball in about 4 years as he did the Mormon mission thing for 2 years. He has a decision to make as BYU starts Spring Drills on Monday. Football or Basketball???
FED: One warning for any of the acts, then any of the acts is a T. So, one warning maximum.

NCAA: One warning for each of the acts, then that same act again is a T. So, four (or 5) warnings are possible.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to agr8zebra
As I only do HS, and reading through the post I gathered that NFHS added the "Court Ready" DOG and the NCAA didn't. But if you say Court being Game Ready in NCAA, I should have added it as the 4th. They each get warnings?

After all that is said and done, more is said than done
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 10:54am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zm1283 View Post
So?

I don't think this warranted a FF1.

The DOG warning I can live with, but I'm not sure it really was.
If you aren't aware when bench players come into the game to muck it up and "rough-up" the other team's star players, your games will not go well.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:01am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
If you aren't aware when bench players come into the game to muck it up and "rough-up" the other team's star players, your games will not go well.
Exactly. I always discuss problem children in my pre-games.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:02am
Do not give a damn!!

I think this is clearly and FF1 when the player runs his mouth afterwards. If he was just fouling the player and that was all, then he would have walked away. And this guy he knocked down is listed as 7'0" tall. And that player is not soft at all either.

Peace
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 11:52am
Official Forum Member

I thought it was an obvious flagrant foul.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:26pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to IUgrad92
This game was very physical from the get-go, so the FF1 play did not surprise me one bit. I believe Kaufisi had 3 fouls in the first 15 minutes of the game, and it was plain to see his purpose for being on the floor.

With that said, I think Gonzaga withstood a pretty hostile environment and opponent, which will serve them well in the weeks ahead.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:51pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
So are you saying Camron that this should not be a Flagrant 1? Or are you saying that we should not call a foul? I guess I am confused by what you are suggesting should be called here.

Peace
Definitely a defensive foul, but not a FF1.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Then it should be a foul, then a T. But not upgrade a common foul to a FF1 because of a dead ball action that would be a T.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 12:52pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I thought it was an obvious flagrant foul.
And I wouldn't cry if he got whacked for the little stare down, either.
Old Fri Mar 01, 2013, 06:27pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Not worthy of a warning.

Not worthy of a FF1 (shooting foul only)

Both based just on the clip and not on anything else that might have transpired in the game.

Agreed