The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Mon Dec 17, 2012, 10:14am
Official Forum Member

Butler/Indiana - Delay of Game?

First of all, great game.

Secondly, about 6 times late in the 2nd half and at least once or twice in the OT, after Indiana scored, an IU player would throw the ball to the official. The first time I saw it, I didn't think much of it but as time went on it almost seemed as though they were intentionally throwing it to the official to give themselves 1 - 2 more seconds to get their press set up. I might be reading more into this situation. I found 10-3-5 in the rules, not sure there is a good case on it.

I don't think NCAA is different on NFHS on this - but at a certain point, should a Delay of Game warning been issued?
Old Mon Dec 17, 2012, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by packersowner View Post
First of all, great game.

Secondly, about 6 times late in the 2nd half and at least once or twice in the OT, after Indiana scored, an IU player would throw the ball to the official. The first time I saw it, I didn't think much of it but as time went on it almost seemed as though they were intentionally throwing it to the official to give themselves 1 - 2 more seconds to get their press set up. I might be reading more into this situation. I found 10-3-5 in the rules, not sure there is a good case on it.

I don't think NCAA is different on NFHS on this - but at a certain point, should a Delay of Game warning been issued?
Yes...if a Butler player were in a position to obtain the ball for the throwin.