The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mon Dec 03, 2012, 01:06pm
Official Forum Member

Angry Say what?

Ok...here's what happened. To start off with..BV ..3 man crew. I'm not knocking my fellow refs...BUT not as experienced (as you will see) as I would like for a hotly contested BV game. I will not bore you with every call and positioning issue. Here's the major one that put me over the top. Team B down 1 point. Gets rebound underneath team As basket. Immediately calls timeout with 2.5 seconds on clock 4 th Q. I was lead at the time. I relay info to the table and go back to baseline to administer the ball.(should have gotten together and talked about situation...but sadly we did not) Just getting ready to blow whistle to start inbounds. The trail blows his whistle..he's talking to Bs coach. Trail comes running up to me says "why are we not in bounding at half court" I was like what the hell are you talking about. This is not the NBA. He thought about it for a second, and said yeah your right. REALLY!! Went backed to his position. So, I in bounds the ball on baseline, they have a turnover. Time elapses. Game over right! Wrong! As I'm running off court. I see my other partner talking to Bs coach...she's screaming and yelling. He whistles me over! He's the ref, not me by the way. I go over, the coach says she asked the the trail where the ball was going to be inbounded , he said half court. So she set up a half court play on the inbounds. So shes screaming at me, it's our fault she lost the game in not so many nice words. I told here I was sorry..but she was given false information and she should have questioned the inbounds at the time. I quickly left. It was an interesting locker room afterwards!