The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Exam Time! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92790-exam-time.html)

grunewar Sun Oct 28, 2012 08:49am

Exam Time!

Well, yesterday we had our first meeting of the season, discussed the changes and POE's, association evaluation procedures, and reviewed some film. Then, it was home to view the annual on-line state clinic and take my test.

My exam was LOADED with questions on substitutions, in-bounding procedures, and time outs. Several questions on court setup and uniform violations too.....

I'm happy to report that based on experience, reading the rules, and this forum I believe the exam gets easier annually. Seems I can breeze through a great many more questions than I used to.

Now, let's get the season going!

Any test comments? (without of course asking for answers!) :rolleyes:

Raymond Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21am

Did my test back on Monday or Tuesday. Got a 94%. Based on the rules it said I needed to look up I'm quite sure at least 2 of the ones I got wrong just from rushing and not reading question & answer thoroughly.

Ran the VHSL clinic in the background the next night. At least 50% of that clinic is not something we officials need to sit through.

grunewar Sun Oct 28, 2012 01:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 860381)
Ran the VHSL clinic in the background the next night. At least 50% of that clinic is not something we officials need to sit through.

Agreed. I thought 1/3 of it was administrative in nature and much of the other stuff was - so what? 89 slides...... :eek:

Lcubed48 Mon Oct 29, 2012 07:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 860394)
Agreed. I thought 1/3 of it was administrative in nature and much of the other stuff was - so what? 89 slides...... :eek:

Agreed. What a snoozer!

Lcubed48 Mon Oct 29, 2012 07:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by grunewar (Post 860376)
My exam was LOADED with questions on substitutions, in-bounding procedures, and time outs. Several questions on court setup and uniform violations too.....

Now, let's get the season going!

Mine is too.
What did you answer on questions .... Oh, never mind.
Bring on the season.

Steverz Mon Oct 29, 2012 06:04pm

2012-13 Exam Q&A Online

Here it is. The entire 2012-13 Exam Online with "mostly' correct answers. I think one or two may be off.

* Edited by moderator: APG*

While we don't mind answering a question or two from the test provided a poster spell out his thought process in answering a question, we do not allow the posting of full current versions of test and/or answers.

Steverz Wed Oct 31, 2012 04:04pm

NO Freeom of Speech?

I can now see that "freedom of speech" has nothing to do with your forum.

Rich Wed Oct 31, 2012 04:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steverz (Post 860805)

Last I checked, the forum is privately owned, therefore "freedom of speech" doesn't really apply.

We don't allow the posting of entire exams or answers. Good officials learn the rules and take the exams themselves.

APG Wed Oct 31, 2012 04:11pm

Quote:

Freedom of speech applies to the government. It doesn't apply to a private forum in which you agreed to the terms and conditions of.

As mentioned, as policy, we don't mind discussing the test...and will even help, as long as it's evident that the poster isn't just coming to the forum to get the answer. What we DON'T allow is the posting of an entire test and answers. All that does is undermine the purpose of the test.

tjones1 Wed Oct 31, 2012 04:14pm

NCAA test was completed last night and I completed my Fed (IHSA) test today at lunch.

The season is upon us!

piranhadawn Wed Oct 31, 2012 04:58pm

same tests for all states

is the test the same for every state? Im in Oklahoma and brand new to officiating. Passed part I, was just wondering since I am assuming Part II is a lot more difficult and I want to prepare.:)

Adam Wed Oct 31, 2012 05:09pm

Quote:

Exactly.

Adam Wed Oct 31, 2012 05:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranhadawn (Post 860813)
is the test the same for every state? Im in Oklahoma and brand new to officiating. Passed part I, was just wondering since I am assuming Part II is a lot more difficult and I want to prepare.:)

The NFHS puts out tests each year. As does IAABO. Most states use one or the other, some states have a bank of questions they use each year.

Rich Wed Oct 31, 2012 07:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by piranhadawn (Post 860813)

Part II is the same degree of difficulty as Part I. You may see some of the same questions, actually.

Camron Rust Wed Oct 31, 2012 07:56pm

Quote:

Why should it? (Suggestion, go read the Constitution or your 7th grade history/civics textbook to learn what it really means).