The Official Forum

The Official Forum (https://forum.officiating.com/)
-   Basketball (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/)
-   -   Exam Time! (https://forum.officiating.com/basketball/92790-exam-time.html)

IREFU2 Thu Nov 01, 2012 02:52pm

Both Test completed, just not submitted. I will probably do the VHSL Clinic sometime Saturday while sipping on some hot coffee!!!

Lcubed48 Fri Nov 02, 2012 07:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by IREFU2 (Post 860881)
Both Test completed, just not submitted. I will probably do the VHSL Clinic sometime Saturday while sipping on some hot coffee!!!

Better make the coffee strong as well as hot! ;)

bowlingref Fri Nov 02, 2012 09:23am

45 mintes of the VHSL on line state meeting is brutal.

Raymond Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowlingref (Post 860942)
45 mintes of the VHSL on line state meeting is brutal.

At least half of that clinic really is a waste of our time as officials. Previously, when clinics were in-person, coaches and officials attended the same clinics so there was no choice but to put all the info together. But now that it is on-line they (meaning Joyce Sisson) really needs to tailor separate presentations to coaches and officials.

Raymond Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tjones1 (Post 860810)
NCAA test was completed last night and I completed my Fed (IHSA) test today at lunch.

The season is upon us!

When I completed my NCAA test it graded me with a 98%. I just went back into the testing site and now it states I scored 100%. :cool: Must be a bad question on the test. :confused:

grunewar Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:13am

Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 861197)
When I completed my NCAA test it graded me with a 98%. I just went back into the testing site and now it states I scored 100%. :cool: Must be a bad question on the test. :confused:

....and for a reward, you can go back and re-watch the VHSL Annual Rules Clinic again! ;)

A lot of complaints (whining) from VA. No other states have similar issues?

Freddy Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:11pm

Other Side of the Coin

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadNewsRef (Post 860946)
At least half of that clinic really is a waste of our time as officials. Previously, when clinics were in-person, coaches and officials attended the same clinics so there was no choice but to put all the info together. But now that it is on-line they (meaning Joyce Sisson) really needs to tailor separate presentations to coaches and officials.

Our state has a similar pre-season online clinic. Required for AD's, coaches, and officials. Yes, there's a lot in it that applies to AD's and coaches more than to officials, what some around here consider a waste of time. I like it because there is content in it that we need to know and it's gratifying to me that the coaches and AD's are required to see and hear the same things and know that we are . And my life isn't so much in demand that I can't afford ten or fifteen minutes to become aware of things that they are informed of and are required to know. Helps me understand their side of it and they, hopefully understand our side of it.

Raymond Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy (Post 861204)
... And my life isn't so much in demand that I can't afford ten or fifteen minutes to become aware of things that they are informed of and are required to know. Helps me understand their side of it and they, hopefully understand our side of it.

Ours is 41 minutes with 89 slides. And you must click next after each slide, there is no auto-play.

Raymond Tue Nov 06, 2012 01:50pm

NCAA extended testing until November 27th (originally Nov 9th) due to Sandy.

APG Fri Nov 09, 2012 05:40pm

Just finished the test...got a 98. Probably missed the one question due to not reading the question correctly.

As to the VHSL online rules clinic, that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back. And much of it was administrative stuff that I as an official don't give a damn about. I will say, according to the information from the clinic, players and coaches in boys soccer are out-lapping the competition when it comes to ejections. :eek:

Stat-Man Fri Nov 09, 2012 06:37pm

I took the MHSAA exam for the heck of it and got a passing score of 86% (26 of 30)

I was surprised that I got the blarge question wrong. Apparently, one doesn't cancel the basket and resume with an AP throw in.

At least I got the question about 3-person mechanics right.

APG Fri Nov 09, 2012 06:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stat-Man (Post 861570)
I took the MHSAA exam for the heck of it and got a passing score of 86% (26 of 30)

I was surprised that I got the blarge question wrong. Apparently, one doesn't cancel the basket and resume with an AP throw in.

At least I got the question about 3-person mechanics right.

All double fouls are POI ;)

Freddy Fri Nov 09, 2012 07:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 861563)
As to the VHSL online rules clinic, that's 40 minutes of my life I'll never get back . . .

Since you chose to take this during the same week as the time changed ("...fall backward"), heck, considering the extra hour of sleep you got, you're still 20 minutes to the good! :cool:

Adam Fri Nov 09, 2012 07:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by APG (Post 861571)
All double fouls are POI ;)

And the basket could count.

Stat-Man Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam (Post 861573)
And the basket could count.

I should have studied Case 4.19.8 Sit C better. But sometimes, missed questions are better learning experiences than getting questions right. :)