The Official Forum  

Go Back   The Official Forum > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old Tue Oct 23, 2012, 07:24pm
Official Forum Member

PDFs rock

Until recently, Utah was just Billy described. They collected your NFHS fee and gave you a rule book, but you didn't get electronic access. I had to get the Utah office to send an email to NFHS to get a password, but it was worth it to get the PDF rulebook.

One more thing to consider. Can you keep multiple apps on the smartphone version, or will you lose the 2011-12 rules when you install 2012-13? I keep the PDFs every year so I can compare versions and figure out when rules changed.

Kind of like an electronic version of NevadaRef's attic.
Old Tue Oct 23, 2012, 08:01pm
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsl View Post
Until recently, Utah was just Billy described. They collected your NFHS fee and gave you a rule book, but you didn't get electronic access. I had to get the Utah office to send an email to NFHS to get a password, but it was worth it to get the PDF rulebook.

One more thing to consider. Can you keep multiple apps on the smartphone version, or will you lose the 2011-12 rules when you install 2012-13? I keep the PDFs every year so I can compare versions and figure out when rules changed.

Kind of like an electronic version of NevadaRef's attic.
Each version is a new app. You should be able to keep all of them.
Old Thu Nov 01, 2012, 02:13pm
Official Forum Member

Basketball App -

Email from NFHS:

We are happy to announce the release of the 2012-13 NFHS Basketball Rules Mobile App. The new app is a searchable, interactive mobile resource. The NFHS Basketball Rules app provides both Rules and Case books together in a searchable, interactive mobile app! Used by high school (NFHS) and college (NCAA) officials, coaches, players and fans, this app gives you quick access to the info you need.

Android version available at Google Play

Apple version available in 7-10 days
Old Fri Nov 02, 2012, 04:59am
Official Forum Member

NFHS Rule APP.

I spent the $ 5.99 last night for the NFHS basketball rules app for my smart phone. Pretty neat little deal. The best time I think to use the phone app is going to be when you go to game to watch and a fan knows you are a ref and ask you what the rule is on a play and you tell him, then the fans says you are wrong. The search icon and the save a rule search are the best part of it.
Old Fri Nov 02, 2012, 05:07am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingref View Post
I spent the $ 5.99 last night for the NFHS basketball rules app for my smart phone. Pretty neat little deal. The best time I think to use the phone app is going to be when you go to game to watch and a fan knows you are a ref and ask you what the rule is on a play and you tell him, then the fans says you are wrong. The search icon and the save a rule search are the best part of it.
Oh the fun one could have!
Old Fri Nov 02, 2012, 05:08am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Maybe the next version of Windows will allow android apps to work on a PC.
Run Mobile Apps on Windows with BlueStacks :: Mobile Apps on PC :: Mobile App Player for Windows | BlueStacks "Your Favorite Mobile Apps Now on PC"